A little local History comes knocking on my door---------------->

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Today a man named Dave Hohl came to my house.His wife contacted me through my web site.It turns out that Dave is the great grand son of the late August Hohl.I told him I would give him some of the A.H bottles I dug in Catty if he stopped by.
August Hohl ran a beer and soda bottling plant in 1888 on Front st in Catasauqua pa.The business ran in to the early 1900s expanding and also selling liquor.
Dave's family tree also runs in to the Howers, who also were in to the beer and liquor bizz.The top pic shows Thomas Hower at one of his saloons at 607 Front st in Catty.(1900)
Dave wanted to pay me for the bottles but I told him no way man they are on the house.It is cool just reliving the history, and don't for get to find me some places to dig! hahaha ;-)

24C8526D02194A2E89B365AE6FB1172B.jpg

Attachments

• 24C8526D02194A2E89B365AE6FB1172B.jpg
    24C8526D02194A2E89B365AE6FB1172B.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 79

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Great story Rick that is what makes this hobby special,researching, finding pictures,finding newspaper articles,heck finding people associated with
bottles in our collections.Nice job you made that guys day!![:D][:D]This is what our hobby should be about,and you probably just created another collector
which drives up the price of our bottles for the good.

div2roty

Reaction score
That is really nice.

Now I have to tell you that I think I am related to some of those colbalt blue bottles on that shelf. A second cousins, first husbands, best friends neighbors, uncle is a Seitz.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: div2roty

That is really nice.

Now I have to tell you that I think I am related to some of those colbalt blue bottles on that shelf. A second cousins, first husbands, best friends neighbors, uncle is a Seitz.

Hahahaha!! everyone is related to that guy [8D]

Jim

Reaction score
That's really cool, Rick. I have always wanted to find some descendants of the local bottlers around here, but have not had much success. I do know some relatives of our old dairy farm families, and have helped them find some bottles. ~Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles