A note...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thesodafizz

Reaction score
I suppose many of you have heard thru the grapevine that I've been quite sick for the past couple of months - hospitalized twice and in dire need of two surgeries once the cardiologists agree (?) on if I can survive surgery. Anyway, I won't bore you with the details, but just a note to say that I am working it out and at the time of typing this, doing ok.

Another thing I want to share with those of you who know I used to do both magazines, Bottles and Extras for the FOHBC and The Soda Fizz (PSBCA). While I was in the hospital the first time, the FOHBC decided to give me a break and allow someone else (who "volunteered") to do Bottles and Extras for an issue or two until I got back on my feet. Apparently she likes doing it well enough that they've turned it over to her completely.

Am I ok with this? At first, I was offended, because they did it without even discussing it with me. After a week or so to let it soak in, I am perfectly ok with it now. I didn't realize how much stress it was giving me to try and keep up with two magazines until one of them was no longer there. It was like a HUGE weight was lifted.

Another good thing that's come from this is now I can FINALLY give all my attention to the Soda Fizz and my PSBCA members. It's something I've wanted to do for some time, but just wasn't enough of me to spread around. Plus, I have the new ACL book to get out (once we're done evaluating all the photos we've gotten to which ones will go into this book, and which ones will go into the next one) as well as a couple or three other books I've promised to lay-out for a couple of my authors.

I know many of you know me, some in person and others by the magazine and these posts, and felt that I at least owed it to you for you to hear it from me.

K

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Also - if there have been any posts any of you have made in the past month and a half that had bottle photos for the book, quesitons you'd like me to comment on - anything - please call it to my attention. You guys have just been too busy in the past couple of months for me to read all of them - I'd be cross-eyed by the time I caught up....

Also, I am always amazed at the information you guys (and gals) provide in your posts about the bottles and bottlers in your colledton, and area. I hope you know that I love to share your info in the Fizz. After all, that's what the Fizz is all about is - sharing information....

K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem