A Question and a Problem to a new 1880s Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Somebody beat you there, Mikey.. that's not to say they didn't miss something, but so far it sounds dug out.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Somebody beat you there, Mikey.. that's not to say they didn't miss something, but so far it sounds dug out.

"Nothing is dug out until you hit bottom" hey that would make a good T shirt [:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yeah that's the universal advice to everyone ain't it?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

That usually is the case around here with "exposed dumps" they were picked over through the years. People see them and mob the place.The first people to find the dump years ago probably got a lot of bottles. As the years go by more and more are dug. If the dump is deep like Badgers dump you have a chance of getting good bottles,but you have to dig 20 feet.That sucks to.Then there is the "un touched dump" Like the one plumb found.they are the ones you want,obviously .
I think the one we dug by the creek is un dug. part any way. I have found many "Shard dumps" in my life no bottles but tons of shards.They are frustrating. This is why I like privy's [:D] dig on

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey mike,somewhere on that property had to be a privy unless everytime they took a dump they stuck their ass over the cliff.haha keep looking bro that glass came from somewhere. badger

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Gang, as Mike has said he opened up the hole to 3x it's size to natural earth. Plus he's stated that this was at a mansion site. They were clearly a affluent family of means and they didn't have to crap in a privy. They had plumbing in the area by the time the house was built so... no privy and they most assuredly had hired hands to take trash away to the dumps.
I'm thinking someone found an unrelated private dump kept the good(if any) bottles and put the shards in the surf to make sea glass.
Just my humble offering to the subject.
Nice mystery post Mike,
Thanx, Fred

treeguyfred

Reaction score
New theory...
The backyard may have been bigger but a hurricane tidal surge made almost all of the back yard slump into the surf. This would have to mean, far past hurricanes like Gloria and earlier.
This event was exhibited in hurricane Sandy and Floyd in recent history.
Just another possibility,
Fred

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776