About my old odd botlle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: esborlector

What is AMARAVATHI meaning? very strange bottle and I didnt see any other like or similar this on Ebay or gogle ??

Amaravathi is a city in India, in the province of Andhra, where the Telugu language originates from, and I would say the writing on this bottle is Telugu. Codd soda bottles were widely used in the British empire and most date to 1900 +/- 20 years or so, but certain countries, like India and Japan, still allow them to be used. I would say this is an older one, it looks like it's been around for a while and the native language embossed on it is a clue to its being older.. the modern Indian Codds I've seen are all in English.

esborlector

Reaction score
I took it from very old mans house he take it from basement and it was very oily dirty I cleaned it long time I didnt pay for it he give me it and say it belongs his fathers youngest times.

luckiest

Reaction score
My bet is that this codd was machine made in the 1940s-50s not a repro, but not too old either. I think it's a great bottle and would be delighted to dig one up.

esborlector

Reaction score
I've also seen lots of cheap codd bottles in english at Ebay that they should be repro and still made in Ä°ndia. But never see like this bottle.

esborlector

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your bets and ideas for my Codd Bottle, its collor is very nice and different like a river green I liked it soo much.

epackage

Reaction score
I sent an email to Keith who runs the Codd Website and identifies all repros and here is what he said...

Hi Jim,

The codd is modern, but not a repro or fake. They are still used in places like India so it is genuine, but with no age. I haven't seen this one before, but I'd imagine that it does come from India, although I couldn't begin to identify the language on it! The value of these modern codds is minimal, a few pounds at the most, but still an interesting item, and part of the Codd history.

Regards,
Keith

So it seems luckiest hit it right on the head...

esborlector

Reaction score
what is mean of modern? If it is not a repro or fake and if it is a very old like a 70-80 years old this is what kind of modern codd bottle... soo strange description.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
My opinion the date of this bottle is 1910s to 1940s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson