AC EVANS UP FOR SALE.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
I have bought bottles and thought .... I paid all that was worth and then some.. to get it for my collection.. only to have somebody come along as sooon as the nexy day. just beggin to throw more money at it.. It's all in the eye of the beholder.. whats worth very little to some is a fortune to others...

bottlekid76

Reaction score
You know Charles, that's something we also contemplated. We already have a rarity scale in place and considered the option very seriously of not putting a price. I know it goes both ways, and I agree with both sides, but we felt it would be favored to have a price listed. That's another reason it's so tough and the main reason we're going about the pricing the way we are. As long as people are in the understanding that these are "at that point in time", and based upon the factors I stated. Prices always change, and the ultimate determination is always to what a buyer and seller agree upon. More examples come to light, therefore many times bringing the price down. Some examples are so rare, they only get offered once in a couple decades or when someone decides to dispose of their collection. So as you well know, you have to weigh in alot of factors. It's a tough subject and always will be.

I know you were Matt [:)]

That's very true John, and well stated.

~Tim

Road Dog

Reaction score
"Besides, nobody likes a quitter"

28E20F483C4F47ACAC16C2A0C7FE8A47.jpg

Attachments

• 28E20F483C4F47ACAC16C2A0C7FE8A47.jpg
    28E20F483C4F47ACAC16C2A0C7FE8A47.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 69

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Looking at everyone elses glass just doesn`t do it for me anymore.Sorta like window shopping with no money.Good luck everyone,its been real...

Hey Wangan,
I think it is the winter thing. Hang in there buddy. In a few months, the weather gets better and you can get out there and look for bottles. That is more fun than reading about them for sure. But right now, its all we got, so, we're trying to survive it. Also, if you can get to a bottle show, you can buy bottles for some great pricing in this economy and then you can hold and enjoy something for yourself. That might tie you over for awhile.

woody

Reaction score
You have to realize that in this hobby some people collect bottles and others deal in bottles for their monetary value.
The collectors will prize their bottle for the history of the glass while the dealer will prize the bottle for whatever monetary gain it can achieve from it.
Value is very subjective to the eye of the beholder.

ncbred

Reaction score
Are 9 or 10 more of the same bottle out there really gonna hurt the price that much. Thats still only like 10 or 11 known examples on this planet. Wasn't this the first known example to come up for auction? Like someone said, NC and SC (hell all early southern embossed bottles) tend to get on up there in price because there simply were not that many compared to the North. Port towns like Wilmington, Charleston and Savannah make up a good majority of early southern embossed blob soda's, mineral waters and beers. And in this case some are alot more hart to find than others.

div2roty

Reaction score
I think more then the number of bottles out there, its the number of collectors willing to pay. There aren't a ton of pontil Delaware bottles, some exist in known quantities of less then 5, and they still would not come close to the 4k, probably wouldn't even go over $1500.

So it seems that the carolinas / southern states have more collectors eager enough for the bottles to pay thousands of dollars.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
There seem to be very few early medicines from delaware. Not sure why. My current theory is most of delaware was underwater in the 19th century and the level gradually receeded in the 1920s. Just a theory of course.

div2roty

Reaction score
There seem to be very few early medicines from delaware. Not sure why. My current theory is most of delaware was underwater in the 19th century and the level gradually receeded in the 1920s. Just a theory of course.

Haha.

Just remember that before there was the rural sticks that is known as Western MD, there was a rural sticks known as Delaware.

It is strange, lots of access to shipping via the ports in Delaware too. But even with the fewer bottles, and a strong love for the state, local collectors don't quite go as high as those in the South.

Road Dog

Reaction score
On this particular sale I think the pics hurt it (not the best) and the paint on the bottle hides the real embossing. Hard to get a feel for the bottle with the pics given.I'd a brushed out the inside of it before I took pics too. Just my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib