ACL SODA BOTTLE BOOKS FOR SALE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I have two books left. Get'em while they're hot. The others have been signed - sealed - and delivered.

Thanks.

SPB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I thought it only appropriate for me to mention that I made the $45.00 donation I vowed earlier. I also encourage other members (who can afford it) to make similar donations from time to time and help keep Antique-Bottles.net ...

"The Best Bottle Website On The Internet"

Sodapopbob

jays emporium

Reaction score
I just got my book from Bob and I'm so glad I bought it. It will be a valuable reference when travelling out of state to shows and antique malls. I wouldn't put too much faith in the prices listed because they are over 10 years old but the rarity scale will still be substantially accurate for most bottles.
In my opinion this is the best ACL guide available at this time. I hope someone will take the iniative to update this book and make a more comprehensive guide. In looking through the book I noticed many bottles missing. I assume the author decided to eliminate many very common bottles to save space. For example there is only one Dr Pepper listing, the bottle cap label. So, I know the red & white 10-2-4 bottle is very common and thus not listed, but what about the candy stripe Dr Pepper which is very rare. As Bob mentioned in another post, there are no listings for Mountain Dew at all. Same goes for Coca Cola, Sprite, RC Cola. I would like to see at least a mention of those type bottles.
Then there are some non-national brands not listed that are regionally common but I think should have a place in a book like this. For example, Pep Up from San Antonio is common here in Texas but how would someone in other states know that if they found one and it is not even listed in the book. Same for Hippo Size Soda from San Antonio, it is common, not listed. It should have a picture just for the hippopotamus on the ACL bottle.
Anyway, I am very happy to have this book which has been difficult for me to find a copy of until now. I can only hope that a more comprehensive book comes out in the future.
Thanks Bob for making these available.
Jay.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Jay ~

Thanks for the feedback. It is mucho appreciated. I agree the book should be expanded. Rick Sweeney said the same thing the day I picked up the books. But he also said it would not be him to do it as he has been winding down his collecting interest (writing/buying/selling/etc) for several years now.

~ * ~

An after thought ...

Something I should have thought of before, but didn't until just now, is to offer one of the books in "Trade" for a equal value acl soda bottle. So if anyone is interested in doing this, my trade preferences are as follows ...

1. $45.00 value.
2. ACL only.
3. Near mint condition.
4. Non-common.
5. A nice San Diego acl would be nice ... (If I don't already have it).
6. Big Chief ... (If I don't already have it).
7. Coca Cola hobbleskirt ... Prefer Root Patent 1915 - (1918 thru 1929).
8. Cowboy and/or Indian related.
9. Whatever else you can suggest that you think I might like.

Just contact me through a PM and we'll go from there.

Thanks a lot.

Bob

Here's some of the Big Chief's I already have ...

58678710258147B595749A510F3F7CC4.jpg

Attachments

• 58678710258147B595749A510F3F7CC4.jpg
    58678710258147B595749A510F3F7CC4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 76

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I am holding onto one copy of Rick Sweeney's book in case someone decides to make a trade for an acl bottle I mentioned. Otherwise I am ...

"SOLD OUT!"

In the event I get more request for the books, what I have decided to do is start a "Want List." Once the list reaches ten (10) copies or more I will then purchase that number of books from Rick and distribute them accordingly.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the individuals who purchased books with the expressed hope that you will enjoy them for years to come and that they serve as a valuable resource for continued collecting interest.

For those who wish to be put on the Want List, please send me a PM. Please note that it may take weeks or even months before the list reaches ten, and that I will only purchase and ship the books when the list is completed. The Want List books do not need to be paid for until just prior to shipping.

Thanks again to everyone who participated in and took an interest in this little project of mine.

Sincerely

Sodapopbob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
This update is to inform all who might be interested that I have four request for a book on the want list I started and that when the list reaches ten copies I will acquire and ship that number of books. So if you are interested, please let me know and I will add your name to the list.

Thanks again to everyone.

Bob

helgramike

Reaction score
Hello Bob,

I would like to request a book whenever you get more. Please let me know what I have to do beyond the request.

www.millerantiques.com

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Michael ~

Thank you for the inquiry.

First of all I'd like to say I enjoyed your website and was impressed by your collection. Its great to see western United States bottles like yours.

With your request the list is at six now and hopefully won't take much longer to reach ten. At that time I will contact you through a personal message (I saved your email and mailing address from your site) and then give you my mailing address where you can send a $45.00 money order for the book. (The $45.00 includes shipping).

Thanks again.

Bob

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
The current Want List for books just reached the necessary 10 yesterday. So if anyone else wants one this would be the time to let me know as I will likey not be able to offer this again anytime soon. If interested, just send me a PM and we will go from there. But please let me know by this coming Tuesday April 10th at the latest.

Those of you who are already on the list will be getting an email from me later today.

Thanks a lot.

Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2