Am I the only one?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
In case I have been remiss in the past THANK YOU to all that have helped in my quest for jar knowledge etc!! And as to if things are becoming less civilized the answer is a resounding YES, both in everyday real life and in cyberspace life (anyone driven down the road lately?). Thats why I say "I'm glad I have 20 acres and a gun" but I wont give up just yet perhaps there is still hope for the upcoming generation who can appreciate something for its uniqueness and not just its value. Sure we all like to find a great deal and then make a killing but in the end when you find that special piece that speaks to you there is no better feeling. Money helps but its not the be all to end all answer that its been made out to be by our generation in the struggle to succeed and make a name for ourselves.
Sorry about the rant, I'm going back to my jars!

Stardust

Reaction score
“I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom.â€
Anonymous
I'm very grateful and thankful for all help, kind interactions, knowledge and friendships that I have gotten here. I may not always say thank you at the end of every post, but I try. I guess we get a little lazy, sloppy, thinking we are a family here. Sadly, in a family we tend to take advantage of one another, or get too comfortable with one another and the formalities go by the wayside. I know no one is going to pat me on the back and give me praise about bottles, but all I want is respect as a member. Although we are all different and may not be writers of books about bottles, we all bring something special to this forum making each person equally as special as the next. How boring this place would be if everyone was the same. Thank you everyone for being you ~

KBbottles

Reaction score
Great post! I am a young digger here and am always appreciative of the time people take to share knowledge. The only time im concerned to make a profit off of bottles is when i need funds for what i collect and that is pretty normal among collectors. To be honest, its not always easy finding buyers too.

Ive developed a great appreciation for local bottles, historic pieces, and so many other types. And not just the bottles themselves, but how they were made, who made them, the glasshouses they come from, etc... This forum helped rekindle my interest in the hobby after years at school where it was somewhat lost. Have met many wonderful people on here in just a short period od time that i plan on being in touch with for many years.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well all of you; this has been an interesting thread to read. I have enjoyed the text that you have all posted. It is all additive to my appreciation of knowing many of you from our interaction and sharing of thoughts and knowledge regarding old bottles and their creation by some expert glass workers. Thanks to all of you for your participation in a great hobby. RED Matthews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday