Amber, Dr. McWinnie's Spavolene Troy NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ScottBSA

Reaction score
I would also check fultonhistory.com. It's a website with like 14 million pages of New York state newspapers. Go to the search box and in parenthesis type in Dr. McWhinnie and see what shows up. That site has helped me with a lot on NY research.

Scott

RICKSBOTTLEROOM

Reaction score
McWhinnie, Dr. Henry, was born in Chateauguay county, province of Quebec, Canada, May 16, 1865, and received his early education at Ormstown. He remained on the farm until 1880 when he became an apprentice to the blacksmith's trade in Missisquoi county, Canada. In 1884 he entered Huntington Academy and in 1886 matriculated as a student in the medical department of McGill University in Montreal, from which he was graduated in 1889. While studying, he followed his trade of blacksmith summers, earning partly enough in this way to put himself through college. In 1889 he removed to Troy, where he has built up a successful practice as a veterinarian. He joined Chateauguay Lodge No. 36, Q. & R., December 25, 1888. and affiliated with Apollo Lodge, B. & A. M., of Troy in 1890. He is also a member of Bloss Council, Apollo Commandery and Oriental Nobles of the Mystic Shrine; he is a member of the New York State Veterinary Medical Society, the United States Veterinary Medical Society and the McGill University Veterinary Society, and an honorary member of the Montreal Psychological Society.
May 7, 1890, he married Wilhelmina, daughter of Creighton Cassidy and sister of Rev. Creighton Cassidy of Montreal.
Emma Willard School patrons list 1913 Henry McWhinnie - appointed physical ed teacher at Russell Sage College 1934 - passed away in 1955

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I kind of feel like this bottle doesn't have a lot of value today, but I can imagine it being the type of bottle that will be really sought after years down the road. A funky named doctor, the city he's from, and a funky named medicine. And with a hand tooled lip to boot.
Never seen that one before, I'll bet there aren't many out there. I love finding bottles like that.
thanks for the post

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete