Ambitious Project ~HELP~

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey gary an all here a federal law forbids i dug up to day. its a half pint it has 4 stars embossed across the top of the frount an fed --- on the back. this one gotta lid to. one ya can make out even say in a circle around it. fine american whiskies theres allso the state of kentucky with what looks like kentucky written in it then a set of hands shaking an under that another state not sure which one looks like ohio to me . on the bottem is d11 under that 56-48 to the side the big o with a diamond thourgh it with an i in it. any ideal what brand. sure it had a paper label at one time a . well thanks gary an all bill

Pn37706.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37706.jpg
    Pn37706.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 80

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Here's one of mine- believe it or not this is one of my favorite bottles. It's an Owens-Illinois Whiskey from 1937. My uncle dug it up 24 years ago.

Ki18685.jpg

cait_p

Reaction score
Hi all! I've got one, no label or embossing, but a really cool color! I wasn't sure WHAT color it was until the oxy clean got to work. It's a square bottle, but it's a really light, almost apple green. It's got a concave bottom, like a champagne bottle, but I've never seen a square champagne bottle. My DH thinks it might be a gin bottle. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Cait

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I also have another one, it's from a new dump I just discovered (I had to leave it behind because I didn't have enough room) I believe it's from 1958 and it's made by Glenshaw. I'll see If I can go back and get it next week. I'll also keep a look-out at my main dump.

Tony14

Reaction score
Hey Gary havent heard from you in a while. Hows the book coming along?

I have a couple more that I recently dug including another Jim Beam one. I will post a pic when I can.

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello All, Augest & September are very busy for me at the Festival. We open for 7 weekends in Oct. NO time for any digging [:(]! In fact no time for anything but work[:mad:].
Thanks, Tony, for asking about the 'book'. I have been collecting ALOT of data and have started an outline. I have also expanded my personal collection a bit...
I have dcided to include some pre 1900 whiskey bottles in the history section as well as pre-prohibition and prohibition/medicinal, as they all relate directly to the 'Fed Law' bottles.
I have started to photograph the bottles for use in the 'guide' (I like this word better than 'book') and have also gathered photos from other sources.
I will attache a pic at this time and more in the upcoming days.
Thanks to all for helping. There will be credit where credit is due.
I'm not done yet though!!!
So please keep those photos and bottle donations coming
Thanks, GARY

Ec89593.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89593.jpg
    Ec89593.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 101

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads