Ambitious Project ~HELP~

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
back

Om33261.jpg

Attachments

• Om33261.jpg
    Om33261.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 78

ronvae

Reaction score
I thought it was a dragon's head, but it could be a particularly nasty boar's head, and if that was Gordon's trademark, that must be it. I'll try to get better pix of it for you. Seems like alot of trouble to go to to emboss on the BOTTOM of the bottle.

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey Bettyboop, I got the 'horn of plenty' bottle [8D] and sent you postage reimbursement plus a little extra [;)]. I thought I'd mention that it was the first and only (so far) reproduction bottle I have seen with the, "federal law..." warning. THANKS
BTW: I am still looking for more examples of these bottles (fed law). I will purchase or except as a donation any embossed ones that you may want to send my way.
Also, feel free to visit the link below to post a photo (after membership is granted) and share your knowlege or just see whats up with these "future" collectables.
The future must be now cause their getting collected. I've got about 50 now [:)] and the group is up to 8 members and growing [sm=lol.gif]

Lj23222.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23222.jpg
    Lj23222.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 79

bettyboop6023

Reaction score
Hi ya diggermeister...Glad you received the bottle, I hope you enjoy ! (the extra $ was not needed, but thankyou) Take & enjoy ! I stop in again.
I gotta keep an eye on that wiskeyman ! LOL

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I can't imagine why you'd wanna keep an eye on me. JANNA....[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Nice flask ya sent Gary...[:D]

Got anything fer the rest of us?....LOL

GARY...the EG Booz cabin made by Armstrong Cork in the 50's had Fed Law Forbids,etc....

diggermeister

Reaction score
GARY...the EG Booz cabin made by Armstrong Cork in the 50's had Fed Law Forbids,etc....
Hey Whiskeyman, I got me one of those [:)]. It is one of my favorites [8D]. Here's a photo of it and a couple of others from my collection [;)]...

Ig12333.jpg

bettyboop6023

Reaction score
[:(]Whiskeyman.....I am sorry....I didn't mean to ignore you the other night...<P>
I have that other bottle I aleady sent you a pic of....that Watkins bottle. I'll bring it with me next next month...if I don't break it. I also have a soda pop bottle...(I think) Maybe I should show it to you.

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey all an diggermeister. the reason for the post is ive noticed that most fed law forbids are screw top here a few that arnt. was wondring when they stopped the cork.

Ay73594.jpg

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey $Bill, Seems that corks were used on some bottles for the entire 29 years that "Federal Law..." was required on (hard) liquor bottles. Alot of the more pricey whiskeys as well as many of the comemeratives, such as the E C Booze Cabins, kept the cork. And, I might add, some still do to this day. [:)]
I will post a photo tomorrow of a couple that used corks from my ever expaning collection. [;)]
BTW; I'm Still looking to buy or except donations of these type (fed. law) of bottles. If anybody has any with embossed pictures, trademarks/logos, patterns, etc. please contact me with what you want for them.
The research is moving ahead and I may have something in the form of a thesis ready by years end. Sections of this pre-publication 'guide' will be availible on the link listed below soon for your enjoyment and welcomed input.
Please feel free to join the group (listed below) to get in on the ground floor of these up and coming collectables. [8D]
THANKS, GARY

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi gary, this is one i dug last week. not a lot of embossing, has a shield with a W in center and a ribbon behind shield. base has 5451-2, D 224, 28 B 41. have not found out yet what trademark? that is. that was interresting informaton about plain fed bottles that have certain mold makers mark on bottom. now i have to go back and check all the plain ones i left there. rhona

Lj24155.jpg

Attachments

• Lj24155.jpg
    Lj24155.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 70

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers