Ambitious Project ~HELP~

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ronvae

Reaction score
Here is the best I could do with the bottom: You can see the dragon's head at the top if you squint--the embossing is actually very clear. What is the dragon's head for, anyway? I can't find it in a list of maker's marks:

Zx70421.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70421.jpg
    Zx70421.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 97

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey Ronvae, I would guess by the bottom marks that the bottle was made in 1954. As far as the 'dragon', could it possibly be a boars head? I know that Gordons Gin used a wild boars head as a trademark. I'm not sure on the top...could you get a close up? If you try to photograph the bottom with 'backlighting' it may give more detail (see attached photo).
Hey Tony, I saw a "Genie" bottle like yours just listed on eBay...

Zx71560.jpg

bettyboop6023

Reaction score
Hello diggermeister- I have a "Horn Of Plenty" bottle, Federal Law Prohibits. It's yours only for the shipping cost if you want it.

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hello Bettyboop, Thanks that would be GREAT! I will e-mail you my address. Can you post a photo here?
Hey Tony, I have set up a yahoo! web/chat page but, can't seem to get the url to work. I am going to work on it some today...I will be trying to get a 'real' web site working by the end of July [8|]...

bettyboop6023

Reaction score
This isn't the best picture...I hope I have this right for posting.....I sent you an e-mail too.

Kh17483.jpg

Attachments

• Kh17483.jpg
    Kh17483.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 85

diggermeister

Reaction score
Wow Bettyboop, that is nice [8D]!
Well I got the the link to work. I had typed it in wrong [&:]. Here is the corrected version:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/federal_law_forbids_bottles
If you want to join, just mention that you are from the forum and you'll get fast approval.
This will be a place to talk about and list photos of your post~prohibition bottles. It will also be a research tool for me to complete the first addition of the 'guide'. Thanks to all for your interest.
BTW; Perhaps the admin. of this great site (antique-bottles.net) will someday add a forum for this emerging segment of bottle collecting (hint) [8|]. After all, there does seem to be an interest in them, FOUR Pages Worth [sm=lol.gif]...

rwe79405

Reaction score
hey gary it was my GENIE bottle...where on ebay did u see one for sale...i lokked but cant find it...thanks

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi gary, i pick this up at a flee market today. it's kinda different. it's 1 pint, it's 8 1/2" tall. bottom embossed in center, D9, 56-47, m161, to left of that owens illinouis mark, to right des pat 04158915. it has some a round circle on shoulder. rhona

Fd91956.jpg

Attachments

• Fd91956.jpg
    Fd91956.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 81

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member