Another bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ladyjosie

Reaction score
Ok, After my little Duffy bottle find the kids pulled out a suitcase out of their closet (they had been sneaking bottles, from a glass dump they said was up on the hillside behind our house, in and stashing them in the suitcase(lol)). They wanted me to see if anyone knew anything about their bottles. There was only one that did not have what appeared to be twist on tops and it was this little bottle here. It had this substance in it that was tar consistency and stinky!
They would appreciate it if anyone could tell them about their bottle.
There is no writing on the bottle side and on the bottom is a number 5 and a symbol of some kind (an oval egg shaped circle with a diamond across it , so it has pointy endss on two sides and rounded ends on two sides).
Thanks!

1A5F25FBAA2B4F36B6048B2DE0CBB8C5.jpg

Attachments

• 1A5F25FBAA2B4F36B6048B2DE0CBB8C5.jpg
    1A5F25FBAA2B4F36B6048B2DE0CBB8C5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 40

ladyjosie

Reaction score
bottom picture

A012DE6840154F4B9EA1506084B0D4F8.jpg

Attachments

• A012DE6840154F4B9EA1506084B0D4F8.jpg
    A012DE6840154F4B9EA1506084B0D4F8.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 43

madpaddla

Reaction score
Lady and kids:

Here is alittle info about your bottle. Good that you noticed no screw tops, it prob. held some sort of medicine/chemcial solution/etc. It had a paper label at one time. The symbol you are referring too is a Duraglass symbol. Very common on bottles from the 30's and above. Watching the base is a good idea (open pontil....you could cut yourself ..valuable)...the numbers on the base don't really mean a whole lot...sometimes age/manufact plant/etc but watch the seams. Look for bottles where the seam stop before the lip of the bottle. This is just in general b/c each bottle is different but if the seam doesnt meet the lip it is a good age indicator also. Happy hunting.

To the kids:
Great that you are finding bottles. And at your age when you grow up you can have a beautiful collection that everyone will like. I am jealous that you guys are starting to dig before I did (I was 30 when I started.) BUT.....you must be safe. Be super safe. And always show mom/dad what you found when you bring it home. If you are good and safe maybe mom will put some of your best bottles on the window sill. Be safe and send more pics.

ladyjosie

Reaction score
Thanks bunches Madpaddla, we are going to goto the glass dump on the hill behind the house together now...I think I am hooked!
We are going to take their brown jug that appears to be a glass bleach jug and put it up to show it off along with the duffy and the new bottle the kids found!

madpaddla

Reaction score
Those big jugs are good for spare change. I have one for quarters and one for the others.....easy to put in ..hard to get out. Wear gloves, bring a backpack, and bring peroxide and bandaids. and water if its hot. Glad your having fun and show us your finds.....the folks here love to see the pics and enthusiasm. Madpaddla

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter