Another minty fresh poison

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

atticmint

Reaction score
Well its been quite a few weeks since I have found anything worth posting a pic of. Havnt even found much of the regular chemist and apothecary stuff, but last night I came across this.
Original cork and the label is perrrfect sep for a small rip in the corner. The pills were purple coffin shaped with a skull and crossbones on one side and "POISON" on the other.

Ay73911.jpg

Attachments

• Ay73911.jpg
    Ay73911.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 99

madman

Reaction score
yo attic nice !!!! love seeing your finds!! keep us posted mike

atticmint

Reaction score
Hey..thanks for the comments guys [:D] , here's a few more I found at work this week.
I guess they would classify as poisons, since all of them contained poisonous material. They make great sellers on Ebay and help supply my Bitters and Poison collecting addiction [8D]
Kev

Wu61518.jpg

Attachments

• Wu61518.jpg
    Wu61518.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 103

atticmint

Reaction score
Heh..they dont come that clean, but I have almost every chemical known to man for cleaning [8D] at work. Just last night I discovered that Potassium Chromate cleans Silver Nitrate stains.
The embossed bottle in the picture was so stained that you could not see through the glass. I tried everything from Hydrogen Peroxide to Chromic Acid and nothing worked until I hit it with the Potassium Chromate. It is still a bit stained but much better.

youngpup

Reaction score
hey atticmint...I see you got a silver nitrate bottle...i have a couple of Hydrochloric acid bottles that are enscribed like yours but the bottles are clear...any idea on the rarity of them are...or when they were made?

atticmint

Reaction score
I have seen the Nitrate go as much a $30 and as little as $10 on Ebay. This one was made early 1900's.
I sell the 250ml Hydrochloric bottles for $10 and the 125ml for $5 to my regular (off Ebay customers) The trademark on the bottom will give you an idea on the age. The Nitrate is embossed M.B.W. (Millville Bottle Works N.J.) and dates 1903-1930. Take a look at the neck opening, if it is smaller and the stopper head thin, then its an older version.
I think Wheaton made these bottles right up to the 1950's. The earlier ones were embossed "T.C.W." and later read "WHEATON / NO-SOL-VIT".
I have also seen "W.T.&Co." and a few other trademarks on the bottom of these type bottles.
Kev

flasherr

Reaction score
Must be nice to just have people send you great bottles lol. It neat that your work lets you bring them home after disposing of hazordus materials. They might as well be sending you money lol
Brian

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1