Another minty fresh poison

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

youngpup

Reaction score
My Chemistry teacher has about a million hydrochloric acid/silver nitrate/ and sulfuric acid bottles almost like urs...except they're clear...he said he'd probably give me a bunch of them at the end of school...so...yea he's a cool teacher. lol. Anyway...they all have the origional glass stoppers in and he said they've been there since he worked there...he's been there for almost 25 years...

youngpup

Reaction score
I looked at the bottles he had and he has a lot of the brown ones in the left of your picture...what were they...and how rare...and almost all of the acids have T.C.W. USA on the bottom...any info...

atticmint

Reaction score
These are all up on Ebay now...when I just checked I couldnt believe how much the bids are on the brown bottles.
Its really hit and miss, sometimes I list bottles just like these and get a few bucks for them.... and other times they go for a great price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3x-Beautiful-Brown-Glass-Chemist-Bottles-Clean-LOOK_W0QQitemZ7587930791QQcategoryZ26404QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

youngpup

Reaction score
I can't get onto ebay from this computer...and i don't know when i'll be able to access another computer...how much is it on ebay right now?

atticmint

Reaction score
Holly Crap..the Silver Nitrate bottle just jumped from $9 to $45 [8D] sorry got excited there for a sec.

The "T.C.W." trademark stands for "T.C. Wheaton Co." made in Millville, NJ and this trademark was used from 1888 to present, but most of the newer Wheaton embossed chemist bottles are stamped "WHEATON/NO-SOL-VIT"

The older versions will have thinner stopper heads, a smaller opening and bubbles in the glass.

Kev

youngpup

Reaction score
So...if one of my acids with a T.C.W. on the bottom and a U.S.A below that...what would be the approximate date...i don't know what to compare it to when i'm looking for a smaller hole...or a thinner stopper...all i know is that the stoppers have no rubber or anything on them...pure glass...I didn't check for bubbles though...I'll look on monday in Chemistry...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4