Another Stoneware Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
That stone beer is sweet! I dug a cellar with well over a dozen broken ones but that is the closest i've gotten to finding any.

In regards to that psychine bottle, here is a large size one I dug several years back in a TOC-1910s dump:

n1937295_41852793_8076.jpg

"T.A. Slocum Co. Manufacturing Chemists New York London" In the trademark circle it reads "Hope is the anchor of the soul" and Psychine is on the side panel.

Wangan

Reaction score
Way nice bottles!You should have some cut resistant gloves.Its easy enough to get cut when you CAN see what you are doing.Im just going to have to come down out of the "young" north and search the "old" south someday.Some areas didnt even get settled until the TOC.

swizzle

Reaction score
I love that lope sided blob stoner and that blob soda. Very sweet. Looks like you got a decent antique garden to harvest. Keep digging and keep sharing. Very cool indeed. Swiz

stonebottle

Reaction score
The crooked top, heavy glaze and bright cobalt stamp make that stoneware bottle a real winner. Who knows what else might be wating in that dump, keep em coming. stonebottle

mainer1

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, and plumbata that's a great looking bottle. I figured it had something to do with feeling good. Probably 50% alcohol
I figure this area I'm digging to be between 1890-1905ish I posted my first stoneware last week I kinda hid it behind the thread Thanks Honey Wagon of you didn't see it
That was my first stoneware and I've found a bunch of pieces also

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Cool blobs. The clay is crooked and the other one is giant. It almost looks like its a loop seal on the inside but that can't be right???

stonebottle

Reaction score
The Kay & Francis stoneware bottle and the D. L. Ormsby & Son are 1870's bottles. The first is from Mass. and the Ormsby is NY City. Great stuff. stonebottle

mainer1

Reaction score
Bob I don't know what a loopseal is but it smooth all the way in
Stonebottle thanks for all your research I went to pm you my thanks but couldn't get through.
Maybe it's the area of the dump or maybe it was a late throw on the stoneware. The blobsoda is a different story I think that thing rolled around the river for a long time cause it's really rough. I like the soda and we don't see them up here like that for some reason. I'm thinking of having it tumbled and keeping it on my shelves
Again thanks for your input guys

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter