Another Turn of Century Pub Jug!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mr2real

Reaction score
Now that you have admitted the Jugs are fake
I never stated the pitchers are fake. I said they were a bad investment based on what I've been told here. To much of a headache for me with all the negative speculation. Thememphisdigger stated, the first jug is authentic. As far as I know, thememphisdigger owns the only known scratch mini jugs from the longinotti co., therefore I took his opinion more serious than yours (a bottle collector) Then I stumbled across this pitcher at a different antique shop. The glaze is different, whiskey is spelt different, it's a different size mold, etc. I knew from the beginning the speculation would be intense. But, I never thought people would think I'm making these jugs myself. I don't know dittly squat about making pottery and I've never even seen a kiln. I too suspect these pitchers were made by the same person. They both have mold lines going straight down from the spout and down the handle, and across the bottom as well. I did contact the whisky pitcher collectors association of America http://pubjug.com/history.html . They told me that It looked like an authenic jug from that time period. I wish there was more I could do to put the speculation to rest, but there simply isn't nothing.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Trouble? you want trouble cap ? I give some stinking trouble.

7DD33DB8589D4648BC9165809171D146.jpg

Attachments

• 7DD33DB8589D4648BC9165809171D146.jpg
    7DD33DB8589D4648BC9165809171D146.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 76

madman

Reaction score
lol lobey aint no jerk hes a real person living in a real world!!!!! and hes italian aint gonna take no sh** those pitchers look like they were made by kids yesterday!as for cc6pack not having a supporters badge, well i just got mine after years of posting on this forum, thanks to a forum member, i did not have the means for sending the money to europe and still dont, good god if ya didnt lie about the age of that pitcher i guess none of this would have taken place..................................m-

mr2real

Reaction score
good god if ya didnt lie about the age of that pitcher i guess none of this would have taken place..................................m-
I didn't lie about anything, the whiskey co. is from that time period, so that's what I put. It is just more speculation on your behalf. Proof is in the pudding!!! And I don't think it will be disproved or proven from any input on this forum. Do you have any evidence to prove your claim that some kids made it yesterday? didn't think so

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr2real

good god if ya didnt lie about the age of that pitcher i guess none of this would have taken place..................................m-
I didn't lie about anything, the whiskey co. is from that time period, so that's what I put. It is just more speculation on your behalf. Proof is in the pudding!!! And I don't think it will be disproved or proven from any input on this forum. Do you have any evidence to prove your claim that some kids made it yesterday? didn't think so

OK I guess I will chime in.So the jug was made the day (before) yesterday not yesterday .Give the kid his props.
Lobey a Jerk ???naw who would say such a thing?
I date that Jug around the 2009 era,and thats pushing it.I don't care what pudding your dishing out.
I would stop talking now before you dig deeper hole.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I am compelled to agree with Lobey.. this is no ship of fools!

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

I hate to beat a dead horse, but what the hell it's dead....the jugs where made by the same person using the same chicken scratch, that's a fact. They were done poorly by an untrained hand, also a fact. The fact that you know nothing about this type of pottery is plain to see, but you have been schooled. It's pretty obvious they're bogus. no company would advertise their product on such shoddy work. Whether you knew this or not doesn't matter. You know now. these are just my opinions.
We here take pride when listing on ebay and advertising to the forum members, that the descriptions are accurate. We don't rip each other off here. You will take flack but you'll live. You're more than welcome to participate on the forum, the more the merrier. But never think your talking to a bunch of dumb hicks here. You'll will find this is the place to come for bottle information. there's no more knowledgeable place on the planet.
[/align]
nice!

mr2real

Reaction score
The item just got pulled, so rest assured that the only one that got ripped on this pitcher was me!!!! $97 investment down the drain

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well, Joe, we all get duped now and again, it's inevitable.. but you are showing a remarkable sense of responsibility and character by doing the right thing, and I applaud you!

cc6pack

Reaction score
How bout posting a few pics of the rare distillery bottles you mentioned in the auction?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1