Another...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ronvae

Reaction score
There is no embossing and no bottlemarks at all on this one, and no seams of any kind. The guys I dive with told me it is hand-blown, but I don't know if that is just because of the lack of seams? How can a person really tell? It is a beautiful clear green, and there is one long, thin, bubble that swirls around the inside of the neck and up into the lip. The bottom is indented up, but it's not a pontil, and doesn't come to a point. Any guesses on age?

Pn37733.jpg

Attachments

• Pn37733.jpg
    Pn37733.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 62

Tony14

Reaction score
Most likely a wine or ale. I believe it has no seams because the bottle was turned in the mold. Check if you can see any spiral marks going slowly up the bottle.

ronvae

Reaction score
I bet that's it. There are very light marks going around the bottle horizontally all the way up, sort of like a very fine wood grain. The only thing that swirls, or winds, is the bubble on the inside of the neck. If a bottle was "turned in the mold" is it always pre- bottle machine? Or is that something they did before & after ABM? I'm almost positive this one is pre-ABM, and the glass of the lip is rougher than the rest of the bottle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc