Any dump trends in PA?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
So, I'll now be living in the York County, PA area for most of the winter half of the year and will be returning home to CT for the other parts of the year. I have a couple leads from family who live in PA, who have dumps on their property. I just wanted to ask if anyone who digs in PA has noticed any specific trends of dumping such as locations on property used, time frame, burning tendency, rock or smashing tendency, etc. Here in CT I've mainly noticed that people loved to dump rock in with the old bottles and over rock walls or along cart paths. Anyone who digs in PA have any useful info? I really wanna use it to help my search for dumps, especially my own family's property.

Thanks,
PlaneDiggerCam

Screwtop

Reaction score
I love Pennsylvania digging because it's often easier then digging in Kentucky. The soils are generally nice and softer to dig in (unless you get a horrendous iron layer) and I've never had any problems with rocks. If you dig in a farm dump, it will often be in a gully or something similar, and if you dig a town dump, the area could be huge, and filled with soft ash. The rules of bottle digging apply in Pa, mainly that local farm dumps could have thrown them out anywhere, but I have personally found Gullys to be the biggest spot for them.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2