any good dig spots in central ct.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rnsruel

Reaction score
can anyone point out a good starter dig in central ct.
am new to this but have small collection and would like to add to it.
thanks

nirvine

Reaction score
Me and a friend took a 3 day trek up there from MD back in the early 90's....... My recollections are the old part Hartford was a paved over parking lot, we ran over to New London and dug a hole in a yard that was being renovated and did good. We found a stubby from Stoddard or Coventry a Dr Jaynes Vermifuge a pontiled mustard and a bunch of clay pipes etc. All and all the area wasn't attractive enough-digging wise- to justify a trip back. If you live in the area I suspect that a vigilant construction site monitoring program would yield a good find now and then!!!!Door knocking-permission asking- is always a good way, you'd be surprised how much interest is generated by a well spoken digger, especially if you appear to be doing research.....

nirvine

Reaction score
my memory wasn't serving me well it was Bridgeport that was a parking lot. We didn't go to Hartford.
Sorry P

deepwoods

Reaction score
A friend was just telling me about a big ole turn of cent dump along the river in Willimantic - is that too far?

deepwoods

Reaction score
ct - Keep your eye out for any Thames Glass Works(early glasshouse I believe in New London) - good stuff - if you find a threadless insulator from TGW,dont sell it for love or money.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers