Any idea?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I'm trying to track down the location of a specific site and the woods are a nightmare.
I found this in a hillside and am hoping it's 1914? It was just the bottom of the bottle..
20240319_155950.jpg
20240319_160000.jpg

Sitcoms

Reaction score
I doubt this 14 is a date code, probably a mold or plant number. The embossing is definitely weaker and a bit crude, so I don't think 1910s-1920s is out of the realm of possibility

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I imagine the dots are some sort of date code? Though I am unfamiliar with the "A" mark, and there was nothing around the heel or anywhere else.
It was a remarkably chunky bottom.

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I imagine the dots are some sort of date code? Though I am unfamiliar with the "A" mark, and there was nothing around the heel or anywhere else.
It was a remarkably chunky bottom.
Usually dots on the base of a bottle hint at a European origin. The British were a huge fan of dots on the base. I have no idea why but that's what I've noticed. Usually there letters and numbers of British bottles mean almost nothing to the average collector and often do not correspond to the glassworks name. What does the rest of it look like?

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I'll snap some photos next time I go back. It's just the bottom quarter (or less) of a thick and hopefully old bottle.

There was a logging operation in the vicinity around the turn of the century.
I'm hoping to zero in on the exact location..

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I'll snap some photos next time I go back. It's just the bottom quarter (or less) of a thick and hopefully old bottle.

There was a logging operation in the vicinity around the turn of the century.
I'm hoping to zero in on the exact location..
Wow, probably a beer then. Those spots are tricky sometimes. There was one that I found that only had surface stuff and not much of it either.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
Wow, probably a beer then. Those spots are tricky sometimes. There was one that I found that only had surface stuff and not much of it either.
There was what looks like a camp, so I'm hoping there's something?
Screenshot_20240320_231533_Gallery.jpg

Newtothiss

Reaction score
There are no houses, no terminal, just wet woods

Hezezilla

Reaction score
There are no houses, no terminal, just wet woods
Sorry what I mean is the little squares on the map. Usually they denote small cabins in these cases. I've been to places on Oahu that were called "camps" but wherever the RR went, it was more a small collection of houses than anything. Also I meant terminus, the end, of the RR. Bridges or other stops usually harbor loot as well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2