Any Ideas About My Bottle Dump Find??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

derekd

Reaction score
I am new. I found a bottle dump in the lower half of New Hampshire. It is chalk full of coke, pepsi, beer, whisky, medicine, blue, green, brown and clear bottles, even old glass baby bottles. There's hundreds of them just on the surface. and more underground. I found a similar dump when I lived on the eastern shore of Maryland and had lots of bottles I gave away after selling some. I think I could get a few bucks for over a hundred bottles but I don't know what to do with them. If I wash them and go to flea market, I may not sell all of them and be stuck with tons of glass. If I do e-bay, its going to take days to catalog all of them. I live in southern NH. I met a guy metal detecting who said to call him if I found a dump but I don't want to sell or give up my find. I am sure its not been picked or at least not in many, many years. Does anyone know what I should do?? What would you do? I brought home a box to identify and it is mostly 50's and some 40's just going on what 15 I brought home, but I have not dug it all came from the surface. Who knows the best way to profit?? I can't collect and I am moving to the west coast this summer so I want to do something soon to pick this dump without wasting it. HHEELLPP??? Ideas?

RCO

Reaction score
I say half the fun is in the digging of the bottles , not really sure what bottles from New Hampshire would be most desirable or hardest to find, those are the only ones which would likely sell on ebay , no one is going to pay $10 shipping for a $5 coke bottle . might be some other members who are more familiar with that area . any pictures of the bottles you found so far ?

derekd

Reaction score
I will get some pictures when I have time, I hear where you're coming from. It is fun.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Any old rusty dented beer cans in this dump. I collect those. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What I'd do with a dump like that is save all of the soda bottles in good condition, any milk bottles, and any blue bottles in good condition if you feel like it. Those tend to be easy to sell at flea markets for 1-5 dollars each, depending on what it is. And if you're finding local soda bottles those can be even better. Also like Leon said any flat top beer cans that don't have large holes rusted into them. Some places may also have local ACL drug store bottles, which aren't worth a lot but are quite collectible for local collectors and tend to sell in the 10 dollar range. And dig deeper to see what's underneath if you can. The vast majority of bottles in that era of dump aren't worth taking home but there can be some fantastic non-bottle items in those dumps. That's a great era for enamel signs, for example.

sunrunner

Reaction score
I lived in N H .for years and if this is the dump I remember , it's a big one near a apartment complexes . not to old 1940 at the most . thirty years ago it was not worth digging , and I would say it still not worth it. if all you what to do is make some money , then knock you self out with nickel and diming at the flee market . other wises look for something better.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen