Any Ideas ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
I have dug a few different clear funnel inks but not pontilled. Guess those were made after 1900 in any case. Hope this info jelps.
Cliff

Haulin glass

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the replys:
I dont believe they are inks as there is no indentations or depresions on them at all. they are cubes that are completley seald . amber green and amethest or purple. they have a crude pontil . perhaps they are some type of modern decorative glass, although Ive never seen them before.

Xv63404.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Xv63404.jpg
    Xv63404.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 79

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
If they are completely sealed that sounds more like something made recently for decorative items. They used to make round glass spheres for net floats mostly in Asia and Japan. Mexico and China have been makirng a lot of colored glass bottles and other things lately. They look shiny so I would think they are not really old. Interesting in any case, haven't seen any up this way yet.

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hey thar ole prospecter! page 323 bill covill's book #1368 2 1/16" X 2" Blue, Mexican I quess these came in a wide range of bluish and blue-greenish colors .. Megura 12th ed. under funnel ink list's a amber 2 1/8" at $300-400 similar to C-1341 (Covill#) This ink is very thin and crude.... There is a chance the amber one may be legit, how is the base wear? Bring them to the show if ya don't mind... Your Te-Nex-Ine is just about done and looking good! Taz

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Taz,
Thanks for the info on the funnel inks. I suspect they are repros but pretty window bottles in any case. I will bring them to the show so you can take a look.
Cliff

diginit

Reaction score
Seeing that these are completely sealed, I would go with the floats. I couldn't tell
you if they are rare, Rare floats sell for pretty good money.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris