Anybody!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timmy

Reaction score
Potomac Highlands of WV. Elkins,Parsons,Davis, Thomas, Oakland Md! I'm a newbie! Would love to dig with someone!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
First off WELCOME to the forum. I don't live close enough to dig but you live in a great area. I love canaan valley (except that the deer walk toward you!) and some of the towns on the way there Davis? look old enough to have some good bottles. Look near the train tracks for dumps. I went to an antique store in one of those towns and bought a spike hammer. Good luck!

cracked bottle

Reaction score
Timmy,

Welcome to the forum, too. Steve, I have seen your past posts of dumps near train tracks. How close have the dumps been to the train tracks that you have found. You have found some neat Baltimore bottles in the past this way.

Marc

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Some are on the edge of the "cuts" but most of the ones I've found lately are behind old housing on a road that parallels the tracks (dumps being about 150 - 200 feet away from the tracks). I think work crews also used these dumps though as I've found RR artifacts in two of them.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
I should clearify that, the two latest dumps were likely from old houses that are no longer there. Thirtys to modern houses are there now, so they could be part old house/part railroad camp dumps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26