anyone collect old cans?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerjeff

Reaction score
here is a real cool can from the late teens or very early 1920's. im not a big can collector but i had to have this one. some of the best graphics i seen on a can . it is paper labled and the can is straight sided, meaning no concentric reinforcing rings like on modern cans. what do you think?

Jh16909.jpg

medbottle

Reaction score
Hiya digger. I also collect tin cans w/paper labels, but I try stick with the lead soldered cans. I'd make an exception in this case though! With such a great baseball logo, that can not only looks great, but its quite valuable. Have you double checked the printing to make sure its not a repo? Are there any marks/tears/creases to the paper that are actually PICTURES of tears/marks/creases? Any more can pictures to share?

diggerjeff

Reaction score
hi medbottle, thanks for the reply ! it is the real thing ,an antique dealer buddy sold it to me . i dont know much of the value of cans ,except what i would be willing to pay . i paid $50.00 for it aabout 5 years ago and prob would have given a little more just because it is a local piece and likley a one and only. what would be your guess at value ? if i paid to much now, im sure it will catch up with me in a few years . good hearing from you , thanks!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter