Anyone get hit hard?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
we have damage all around us but we're fine. still suppose to be some high winds tonight but its settled right out. So we're good. How about the rest of our bottle community? Swiz

epackage

Reaction score
Here ya go Swiz....9am and 4:49 pm...

Some of my neighbors have full basements full of water...The creek is normally 3 feet wide and 8 inches deep...

detrh.jpg

kwalker

Reaction score
Most of the lakes around here have torn up the bridges the run next to. I've taken quite a few pictures.One girl was swept into the river in her car by a wall of water on a bridge and died....I'll dig up some pictures.

swizzle

Reaction score
My bottle digging buddy packed up and headed for higher ground. I don't know where he is but I hope him and his wife are safe. Their neighbors pool and deck and some power wires were all taken out by one ambitious over achieving tree. Just up the road a few hundred feet there's another large tree on the wires at an intersection, another tree fell on a car while the people were driving down the road. Flooded basements, burning wires, trees and branches are everywhere. They have about 80 percent of our street shut down and one of the big local dams is overflowing but last I knew still holding. My parents are 30 miles north and they've been out of power for more then 12 hours and probably won't have it for quite some time. There's about a dozen trees down all within a 1/10th of a mile from here and that's just the ones on the roadside. I hope everyone else is fine. We got hit pretty hard with the high winds. Well for now I wish everyone the best of luck and hopefully we all come out of it all right. Swiz

nydigger

Reaction score
butt load of rain here...i will try to post pics later..not as bad wind wise...seems after she left virginia she kinda petered out a bit

nydigger

Reaction score
Its easier to post a link to my county's emergency management page with pics and videos posted by locals

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002455909138&sk=photos

swizzle

Reaction score
Here's our lock 12. Lock 9, 10, 11 & 12 are done for the year. They are going to be repairing them over the winter. We have 3 towns that are flooded out. Fonda's annual fair has been closed and one of our hospitals has been evacuated. One farmer lost over a 100 of his milk cows. Gilboa dam which is NYC's water supply is overflowing by 8 feet. So far that's holding well. Still no word from my digging buddy. I just hope he's in a nice high and dry spot. Well anyways, here's the pic I got a few hours ago. Swiz

pano-1.jpg

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Here's a couple of short clips shot in a town about 5 minutes from here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyj7mTKoEVU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTA8Led7mU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey