anyone want to analyze my dream?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Last night I went (in my dream) to an old area and I could see some bottles sticking out of the ground. I thought it was a test or something because what bottle collector wouldn't have already checked these out? The first was a modern Pepsi that I had no interest in. The second though, was a crown eight sided beer that is actually kind of rare. Next I pulled out this large utility bottle heavily embossed on one side - aqua color - and flask shaped (but larger). I sent somebody to my car with this big bottle (so as not to carry it around) and then we got invited inside this old house.

Under the kitchen counter and sink, there was a ledge hidden along the outside of the house. There were hand cut natural stone tile mosaics there. After pulling out two layers of these stone pieces, there was a layer of cork padding. Under this, was a whole bunch of swirled cruets or little colorful pontilled bottles. They were so cool. I kept finding all of this colorful glass much of it embossed. Then I found this large deep cobalt square bottle that had two glass lids. The thing had a super crude pontil scar and it looks like it was at least two hundred years old. There were small openings between the two lids where another little cap went on. I think it was Scott's emulsion? Then the homeowner came by and told me they wanted this bottle. UGH. What dos it mean???

se

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
It means you should stop digging around in my house because I am going to want to keep the bottles. [:D]

Just kidding, Are the bottles in your dream related to recent bottles you have seen or heard about?

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
It sounds like the bottles are just made up. I always can relate my dreams to something I heard or noticed throughout the day. I have crazy dreams ALL of the time. Super crazy. I also talk in my sleep. My son does also. My brother sleep walks so bad he was discharged from the Army. haha

Do you ever dig or do you only dive?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Did you say Scott's Emulsion? Your dream may be come a nightmare
"I told youuuu we were in someone trash hole YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAEEEEEAHHHHHHHAAAA!!!!!
what a nut case. those bottles are so common its silly.

http://youtu.be/wTVTIQe0RJc

Here is my take on this vid. [:D]

http://youtu.be/6IJ8MWgoeiA

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hey Bob,
You might be on to something,during the night we heard noise in my kitchen. My dog sleeps in the kitchen so my wife and I thought it was his 100 pound butt banging the table legs next to his bed like he always does so we thought nothing of it. After hearing these noises for the better part of the next 10 minutes it was time to investigate. To my surprise there was this Nut job in full scuba gear in my kitchen holding my Great Bear water jug. The man wouldn't answer me as he seemed like he was in a dream like trance. He did ask me to carry his water jug to his car as he needed it to stay alive, for as he stated he was a fish out of water!![8|]

I was finally able to communicate with him and he told me he had entered my house by cutting away the stones in my wall under the kitchen window. When he entered the house he pushed the entire window frame into the kitchen. In the process of entering through the window, bottles I had on display near the window on small shelves I had built, had collapsed and were strewn about outside in the dirt in the flower bed. Robbery was not the motive as nothing valuable was taken.He just helped himself to a large bottle of Pepsi,one of my home brew growlers,and then for some reason he took my great Bear water Jug bottle off the water dispensing machine....... which I was now holding and loading into his car. As we walked backed up to my house he asked if he could have any of the glass he found in the flower bed to which I replied NO!! and He said Okay, and then he started to complain of a stomach ache. I offered him some Cod Liver oil to soothe his discomfort. Other then that Bob a completely normal goings on at my house.........[8D] You might want to check into some sort of rehab....they can work wonders nowdays[:D]

E2B59AF5AD194D1F91E3E5EA7369881B.jpg

Attachments

• E2B59AF5AD194D1F91E3E5EA7369881B.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 69

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

Hey Bob,
You might be on to something,during the night we heard noise in my kitchen. My dog sleeps in the kitchen so my wife and I thought it was his 100 pound butt banging the table legs next to his bed like he always does so we thought nothing of it. After hearing these noises for the better part of the next 10 minutes it was time to investigate. To my surprise there was this Nut job in full scuba gear in my kitchen holding my Great Bear water jug. The man wouldn't answer me as he seemed like he was in a dream like trance. He did ask me to carry his water jug to his car as he needed it to stay alive, for as he stated he was a fish out of water!![8|]

I was finally able to communicate with him and he told me he had entered my house by cutting away the stones in my wall under the kitchen window. When he entered the house he pushed the entire window frame into the kitchen. In the process of entering through the window, bottles I had on display near the window on small shelves I had built, had collapsed and were strewn about outside in the dirt in the flower bed. Robbery was not the motive as nothing valuable was taken.He just helped himself to a large bottle of Pepsi,one of my home brew growlers,and then for some reason he took my great Bear water Jug bottle off the water dispensing machine....... which I was now holding and loading into his car. As we walked backed up to my house he asked if he could have any of the glass he found in the flower bed to which I replied NO!! and He said Okay, and then he started to complain of a stomach ache. I offered him some Cod Liver oil to soothe his discomfort. Other then that Bob a completely normal goings on at my house.........[8D] You might want to check into some sort of rehab....they can work wonders nowdays[:D]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rockbot

Reaction score
It means you woke up right after you dreamt it and remember! lol[8D][:D]

ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Last night I went (in my dream) to an old area and I could see some bottles sticking out of the ground. I thought it was a test or something because what bottle collector wouldn't have already checked these out? The first was a modern Pepsi that I had no interest in. The second though, was a crown eight sided beer that is actually kind of rare. Next I pulled out this large utility bottle heavily embossed on one side - aqua color - and flask shaped (but larger). I sent somebody to my car with this big bottle (so as not to carry it around) and then we got invited inside this old house.

Under the kitchen counter and sink, there was a ledge hidden along the outside of the house. There were hand cut natural stone tile mosaics there. After pulling out two layers of these stone pieces, there was a layer of cork padding. Under this, was a whole bunch of swirled cruets or little colorful pontilled bottles. They were so cool. I kept finding all of this colorful glass much of it embossed. Then I found this large deep cobalt square bottle that had two glass lids. The thing had a super crude pontil scar and it looks like it was at least two hundred years old. There were small openings between the two lids where another little cap went on. I think it was Scott's emulsion? Then the homeowner came by and told me they wanted this bottle. UGH. What dos it mean???

se

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
You guys are funny. I remember the dream vividly including all of that beautiful colored glass. There were deep cobalt, emerald green, a gorgeous citron yellow, peppermint swirls on those cruets . . . One thing that I did not mention is that I pocketed two cyllindrical pontils - one was like a Dr. D. Jaynes, the other was colorless (fllint) glass and I think it said Zepher on it. Again, don't know why that is. So, Steve, check for a few missing pontils. I have done some looking around on this end and I don't see anything new, though.[:)] Steve, you are pretty funny. Thanks for chiming in. I would never take any of your bottles (much less burrow through your walls). I might drool on your glass but I won't take it.

Rocky. You get the prize for explaining this phenomenon best. No big surprise that I've got bottles swirling through my noggin. I probably just woke up (and remembered it better becuase of that). I really recall that crazy cobalt bottle - the color. All that embossing. When I woke up, I was a little sorry because I wanted to keep that crazy crude thing.

Frozen. I have dug a few holes but not often. My dreams are nutty sometimes. I think your brain just keeps chugging while your body is out. Left to it's own devices, it's gonna come out with some odd stuff.

SlickRick - I am off to see your videos. I'll report back in a minute.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Oh my gosh Rick. I laughed so hard at your video. You do have to watch the other one first, though to appreciate it. Even as I was watching that first one, I thought those guys were getting awefully excited about common stuff. On the other hand, Rick, it is fun to have soomebody along who appreciates every little thing for it's age or color and doesn't have to find anything better than a Gordon's or a bromo to be happy. That was silly. I like the added touch of the cobalt blob but methinks those guys WOULD have blown a gasket if they did find that.

By the way, the bottle in my dream was way way better than the real thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn