aqua bottle & marbles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, found this bottle last week. it is 4 5/8" tall, 1 3/4" across base. the glass is very thick with lots of bubbles. the seam goes up on the lip half way, but does not go all the way over it. the color is a dark aqua, not sure it will show in pic. any ideal as to age would be appreciated. i think the blue and red marble is pretty. the white/clear marble i believe has a pontil mark. any information is welcome, thanks for looking, rhona

Qn38425.jpg

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, Thats a nice bottle. It looks lik a food or product bottle. It has a nice roled finish{lip} and that is a pontil.[:)] I'd say 1860s 0r earlier. Very nice.[:)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It does look like a pontil but the lip confuses me. When you say the seam goes half way up the lip it sounds like a blow back or suction mold (or are they the same, I don't recall). One of the machine types anyway. Where it stops does it also go around the lip?

BottleArchaeologist

Reaction score
Rhona,

The bottom of this bottle doesn't have a pontil mark. From the looks of the seam on the lip it looks as though it will go half way up the lip thn continue the circumference of the lip. This is an early machine made. Sometimes this is called Semi-ABM. I believe this dates from around 1903-1910.

It is a very pretty bottle and I love it's crudeness. Thanks for sharing. Oh almost forgot this appears to be a shoe polish bottle. I am pretty sure that is what it is.

BA

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, Sorry about the mistake.[&:] I looked at both your bottles and they are both nice. BA is right. For me it was a hard day, two bottles, two beers and very late.[sm=lol.gif]

Mainely Broken

Reaction score
Ok Rhona, I'm with you.. looks like a pontil.. but guys..if it is not then why the pontil mark? I also am confused on EXACTLY what a pontil mark looks like. I have a dug cruet that has pontil like mark on the bottom but seems odd a cruet would be pontiled. Help us out here guys....begining to be dazed & confused...

Mainely confused???
Vicky

Ig12711.jpg

Mainely Broken

Reaction score
another..sorry it's cleaned the best I can with brushes...

Tr49628.jpg

Attachments

• Tr49628.jpg
    Tr49628.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 70

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member