are these paper labels real or fake? opinions please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shauntos

Reaction score
I'm New to this site and have a question regarding handwritten labels on psychoative medicines. Has anyone ever seen small handwritten paper labels on bottles w/ no maker name or city or anything, just says opium, or morphine...? Can you tell anything by the style of writing? Thanks for any info
This bottle says cannabis on the front(handwritten paper label) and says H.T. Helmbold on the side.
cannabis1.jpg

cannabis3.jpg

cannabis4.jpg

cannabis2.jpg

the next bottle says morphine on the front(handwritten paper label)
morphine1.jpg

morphine2.jpg

the next bottle says opium on the front(handwritten paper label) and S&C Pacific Pharmacy Eureka CA. on the back
opium1.jpg

opium2.jpg

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
They look real to me! Looks like they came from the office Sigmund Freud haha[;)] Many old bottles had been reused or had dual purpose,a case in point being pepper sauce was once bottle in cologne bottles... I would be hesitant to sell them on eBay ya might get busted! Nice old specimens ya got there! Taz

notoriousgreasemonke

Reaction score
They still have product in them or did you fill them with liquid? I wasnt thinking Dr. Freud I was thinking Dr. Frankenstein...lol A lil Opium A lil Cannabis to calme the monster down. Oh damn the lable is wrong.......Seriously the appear real from the pics.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles