are unmarked bottles worth anything?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hokeypix

Reaction score
I picked up a few of those as well. I can post some photos, if anyone thinks it might be worth it....can there be value in them, even if not marked with a company logo? thanks.

luvtodig

Reaction score
Hi Hokeypix! welcome to the forum[:D] Everyone has a favorite color..some collect in certain colors..a general rule is if it is not common for the bottle it is worth more..some colors that are usually good are, cobalt blue, deep green, amber, or a pale yellow..also shades of purple, caused by the bottle being in the sun..one of my favorites..sounds like you have some cool bottles..hope this helps you...take care!

IRISH

Reaction score
The value of plain bottles depends a lot on what type they are, most good goldfield's pickles/salard oils are unimbossed but still worth a lot, most plain aerated water bottles (Codd's, Torpedos, huch types etc.) are worth next to nothing even if they are an odd patent/colour, exeption being cobalt blue or previously unheard of patents.
unmarked medicine/chemist bottles are not worth anything nor are most others unless as Oldtimer said they are early and pontiled.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4