ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey All, I've posted several times here to try and find some one with which to share this exciting hoby. I have recieved some little response and have responded to a few people here in the South East.​
It's seems to be always the same; I eMail Them, "Yes I would love to dig with you or have you here for the same".​
Them, "Sounds great, let's work something out".​
Me, "I'm ready to go and have a flexible schedule so please just let me know when you would like to have some one to visit and dig or can come here."​
Them, " ".​
Them, " "​
Them, " "...​
I was just wondering about your experience with using this forum to find a 'partner'. Did you hook up? Dig? Have fun? Find cool stuff?​
I just don't seem to see alot of stories about the great guest dig you (or anyone?) had as a result of this forum. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea but has yet to pan out for me.​
I'm in the Charlotte, NC area and have some good prospects; mostly 'vacants' and 'construction'. I'm working on some permissions now for the spring & summer. I've oppened up a couple of round stone liners recently and got down 10 ft + with them still probing out with my five footer. But at that depth it becomes quite a chore to pull my own buckets etc. not to mention the safety factor.​
Besides, the adventure is more fun when shared!​
I'm willing to travel and have. I'll drive quite some distance for a couple of days of digg'n and fellowship.​
Are you serious? Thanks,​
DIGGERMEISTER​

cyberdigger

Reaction score
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-291049/mpage-1/key-/tm.htm#291049

jyoung

Reaction score
[&:] Yep...can be frustating...I used to did all the time in V.A. Norfolk area... i even hooked up on here with people from Sulfolk...Then i moved to the BIG EASY and i havent heard a word in weeks from anyone here about digging..or hooking up..I guess ill search around myself...in hopes someone will hit me back ..always better digging with others ..but hey I LOVE THOSE BOTTLES AND THE HISTORY!... Hang in there !

appliedlips

Reaction score
I have had good luck meeting and digging with 7 or 8 different forum members. A local bottle club can always be a great place to meet good people with a desire to dig. Good luck

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
RE: ARE YOU SERIOUS? Digging Partners

Hey Diggermeister,

I've made several good friends that I dig with on occasion right from here and a former privy diggers group that was on Yahoo.

I've had great experiences with all of them and recommend you keep trying to connect with someone, it can be a lot of fun.

Doug

bottlechaser62

Reaction score
hey diggermeister,
I would take a drive a few hrs especially if you had a place to dig, but N.C. is just a bit far from Lousville. I would much prefer a digging partner if only from a safety standpoint.

jcrlanger

Reaction score
Hey Gary,

Just found a new privy behind the old factory and a late 1800's built house. Looks like we a bit more digging to do.

Also to all,

Being that myself and Gary hail from an area that has hundreds of years of historic potential, we may find some stuff that needs a bigger crew. Gary has one site in mind right now that would take more than just me and him so we could use a small gaggle to check this out.

John

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1