Arrested for vandalism !!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

caldigs

Reaction score
so I was digging on a construction lot downtown. The owner came and told me to leave. I left. Later, once it was dark, my friend went into the lot to finish the hole. So the owner comes back and calls the cops. So, the cops arrest my friend and charge him with vandalism.

his actions were --> walking through the hole in the fence and then digging a 3 foot hole (inside a 2 foot deep trench).

Vandalism is defined as " a person knowingly causes serious physical damage to a structure or its contents... "

I do not see how they can charge him with vandalism !! ??

thoughts ?

thanks

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Well, caldig not sure bout the laws, but be carefull!!! Allso at the risk of stepping on your toes (hope i dnt) I must say digs like that give bottle diggers a bad rap... I am a new member here, so i might get banned by speaking my mind. I dig as i live my life. If i get permission to dig thats great, if the owner says no, i dont return. I know the temtation of a good find is irresistable, But i think he got what he deserved....[;)] Xcali.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Xcali .... I don't think you have to worry about being banned from here ! Everyone has an opinion and some may agree and some may disagree with you.

Caldigs .... Vandalism dosn't seem to fit the bill. Seems like it would be a trespassing charge instead. I don't know the laws out in your part of the country. But , here in the Mountains of Tennessee that would have been a good way to get a load of fine shot in your butt , and then they'd call the law ! LOL

Brian

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
Okay the problem is he warned you once already so you left....but not only did you come back, you came back in a very sneaky way so as not to be caught.....Late night, through a hole in the fence.....Property is property, and this one wasnt yours to walk and dig on.....Maybe if you got arrested without warning, I would understand. Anyways the charge is no biggie just get a lil probation and whatever....Dont worry it wont kill ya

caldigs

Reaction score
Razors....you did not read the entire post....I did not get arrested. MY FRIEND DID.

madman

Reaction score
damn trespassing is trespassing !!! ifeel your pain they were taking out truck loads of bottles a day, right behind my house!! and they kicked me out , it was a major 1900s landfill mike ps but i got what i could ha ha

caldigs

Reaction score
yes,, trespassing is one thing, and vandalism is another.........he was trespassing, but not charged with that !! ???

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
i read the entire post i was talking indirectly just replace the yous with hes and anyways trespassing, vandalism, who cares they both get the same 6 months probation

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
hey was there any posted or restricted area/prohib signs around?..........

if not check your local town laws,they shoud be online........

but most likley the person you mentioned was most worryed about being sued from somone getting hurt........

grimdigger1

Reaction score
The police are just one of the risks of digging..
here in the Uk we run the law every time we dig,permission is sometimes granted but if its not we will dig anyway,,
was thrown of a site yesterday,rough end of a park , it was looking good too ,bag of sodas and ales and 1 pot lid but thats life..
I know a lot of you will disapprove of this but its either take the risk or not dig.
heres what we get up to in persuit of the goodies

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28