Dug a Trash Pit.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
GEM. I don't seem to dig to many of these GEM Fruit Jars. LEON.
P1040044.JPG

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
Saturday a Friend of mine invited me to try to dig some Privy's at a 1901 House he got Permission from. SO, When I get there, 2 bad signs, 2 newer additions added to back side of House & in back Corner a Big Shed, right where they typically put the Privy, I probe all around back property line & nothing, I probe up left side & nothing. Didn't wanta probe right side because he said right side had a Ceptic Tank & about a extra 2 foot of dirt added on top of whole right side & it was because it was a foot or 2 higher then neighbors yard on that side. At fence line dropped at least a foot. I probed behind addition & felt lots of crunchy glass. SO, We start digging & this is our first Bottle only like a foot down. Teal Blob, I guessed what it was before it ever got pulled out of the dirt. What's your guess? LEON.
View attachment 229350View attachment 229351
Na you don’t want that just send it to me and I’ll get rid of it for ya.

hemihampton

Reaction score
OK, Been keeping the Best for Last. Everybody likes Cobalt Blue Bottles, SO, We dug a Pretty Cobalt Blue BIXBY Mucilage. I know these are Common in Aqua because I've dug quite a few in Aqua but never Dug a Cobalt Blue one. Actually my Buddy James gets Credit for digging this one while I ran up to McDonalds. Anybody know how tough the Cobalt Blue ones are? Anybody else ever dig one?????? LEON.
P1040040.JPG
P1040039.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow great colour on that Bixby! There's someone on here called Bixby Bill who specializes in them. I don't think he's very active on here these days, but I just checked his profile and he was on the site earlier this year, so he'd probably be the one to reach out to in regards to rarity. In this thread Bill refers to them as "more common than you'd think" although I don't know how common you would be expected to think that they would be: https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/bixby-bottles.574857/page-3

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks for the old Link. Interesting info there. THANKS, LEON.

Joelbest

Bucks
Reaction score
Also dug one of these, Frank Miller Crown Dressing, I've dug a few of these before so assume pretty Common. Do other People regularly dig these in other Parts of the Country? LEON.
View attachment 229508View attachment 229509
Also dug one of these, Frank Miller Crown Dressing, I've dug a few of these before so assume pretty Common. Do other People regularly dig these in other Parts of the Country? LEON.
View attachment 229508View attachment 229509
I guess dirty crowns were a real problem back then. I can’t even imagine how hard that must of been.

Screwtop

Reaction score
Dude, I find it hilarious that you say, "it didn't get too exciting after that". Are you kidding? I was cussing a blue streak and cheering when I found my first BIM bottle last month, lol! I would probably kill to dig bottles like that.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi