art of applied color lables still alive

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bubbas dad

Reaction score
this might be boring to some of you but here goes. i stopped to get some gas today and found out something interesting. while there i went to get a drink and came accross some cherwine soda ( i didn't know they still bottled it) when i picked up the bottle it was ice cold glass. as i was looking at it i noticed instead of a stick on lable that it was an acl. some of you maybe going so what, but i thought it was insteresting. i haven't seen a new acl bottle in a very long time. sodas sure seem colder in a glass bottle.
john

BARQS19

Reaction score
Yes here in MS we still have them, Barq's, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Diet Coke, the two versions of Coke embossed and painted label. I think Stewart's rootbeer is ACL too. We get Cheerwine up north along with other odd assorted flavors. Check out sodamachines.com and it will link you with companies that supply collectors with glass bottles to put in their machines. you will be surprised to see how many companies and flavors are out there that still put out in the glass bottle.
Robert
BARQS19

madman

Reaction score
yea but theres nothing like that glass bottle taste

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Man, I miss the taste of Cheerwine. I used to drink those at my Grandma's in Union, SC (upstate). -John

bubbas dad

Reaction score
lately i've seen several cheerwine trucks on the highway. i guess you never notice some things until called to your attention.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter