At least one state gets it....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
RE: Welfare and drugs

Well done, Plum!

large_american-idol-top-8.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score

Uhh, thanks guys but there is no need to encourage me, I don't look good with an over-inflated head.

Besides surf, I couldn't have done it without your trusty decoder ring! [:D]

decoder_ring%281%29.jpg

glass man

Reaction score

Yep ..like I said each state have different programs...some give alot some little...Here in the South we have long been some of the poorer states and we get little help in our state...food stamps...that is it...we are thankful for that!We do or did get some help with heating..but the Republicans are trying to cut back or out on everything....

Our congressman had a town hall meeting here and in front of all he said he would get me help..he is a doc. as well as a congressman..his chief of staff made a big show in front of all getting the info...said to call..we did and was told "WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO CHANGE THE LAW!!!???HE is a congressman...ain't that what they do???OH WELL!

I thank those for the kind remars directed to NINA and me.I started putting into the system in 1970 working in the summer with my dad...by 72 I was working full time in a factory for 7 years,after that working with adolelcents with behavior troubles...and from 85-2002 was a house painter ...in 98 started working for myself...was starting to do good when in 2000 got diabeties and complications followed...have colitis and spastic colon too ...2002 could no longer work..didn't work the right quarters the last 5 years for disability and NINA makes 10 bucks too much for me to get ssi...I ain't whining..just want folks to know I have worked and worked hard...stuff happens..never made much in my life.

Please just realise I believe most that get help should get it...seems some politicians want to point out the butt holes to give less or stop helping any at all...yet corporations get way more welfare then all the poor put together...

We ain't asking for hand outs we feel we are just getting alittle back we put in all those years...

SO MANY HAVE HELPED NINA AND I ON HERE AND YOU WILL NEVER KNOW THE TEARS OF JOY YOU GAVE US!

I got to keep my bottle collection intact at least for awhile because of yall...it is down to about 1/4th of what I did have...so glad we bought when we had the money...selling things we bought has seen us through some bad times.

Also the bottles diff. members sent us will not be sold ..regardless..it is my collection of love...

GOD BLESS YOU ALL...Hope things will change..it would be so cool to get some new old bottles again..I also got 3000+ records from the 60s and 70s mainly...some very collectable...not as easy to sell as bottles,but maybe when I need to sell them I can find some one close enough by to sell them all to!

WE LOVE YALL ..GOD BLESS YOU ALL..IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD THEN SEND SOME POSITIVE THOUGHTS OUR WAY IF YOU BELIEVE IN THAT!

Some time I feel like the KENNY from SOUTH PARK ON ABN![:D] Like my pop used to say "it will all come out in the wash"!JAMIE

morbious_fod

Reaction score

To answer your question Jamie, am I my brother's keeper? I help those who help themselves, or at least try. I will bend over backwards to help the handicapped, elderly, and any other person who is in true need of help, but if you think I feel sorry for some lazy white trash piece of crap who lives in his welfare mother's basement in Buchanan County, VA sucking down Mountain Dew, smoking pot, eating Cheetos, and playing x-box, think again.

You are very correct about the politicians, if one of them had the guts in Washington to even go as far as Clinton did to cut back on the welfare roles, then I be amazed. Maybe it will finally happen when the population of the welfare class reaches 60 percent, or 70 percent. The system is broken, and its not going to get fixed until someone takes the unpopular stand, but with nearly fifty percent of the country on some type of entitlement program that isn't going to happen. Far too many voters out there eating the gubberment pie and snarling every time someone suggest that maybe they shouldn't.

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you. Seems to be the new American Way. Kennedy would have been ashamed if he saw the state of affairs today.

cyberdigger

Reaction score

I don't understand why this isn't already so perfectly obvious to everyone, and I feel like a dork saying it because it's so completely, totally obvious, but here goes: the government is not getting as much money as it spends. This is.. ..good or bad? ..anyone.. Bueller?? ..it is... B A D ..

Penn Digger

Reaction score

Morb,

50% of the country on some sort of entitlement? Not trying to pick, but where did you get this number? Please advise as I would like to use the source if it can be substantiated.

PD

morbious_fod

Reaction score

"Slightly over half of all Americans — 52.6 percent — now receive significant income from government programs, according to an analysis by Gary Shilling, an economist in Springfield, N.J. That’s up from 49.4 percent in 2000 and far above the 28.3 percent of Americans in 1950. If the trend continues, the percentage could rise within ten years to pass 55 percent, where it stood in 1980 on the eve of President’s Reagan’s move to scale back the size of government. That two-decade shrink-the-government trend now appears over, if for no other reason than demographics. The aging baby-boomer generation is poised to receive big payments from Social Security and government healthcare programs. . . . Mr. Shilling’s analysis found that about 1 in 5 Americans hold a government job or a job reliant on federal spending. A similar number receive Social Security or a government pension. About 19 million others get food stamps, 2 million get subsidized housing, and 5 million get education grants. For all these categories, Mr. Shilling counted dependents as well as the direct recipients of government income"-Christian Science Monitor

Actually I misquoted what the represented. It is actually the percentage of people who depend upon the government for their livelihood, including federal jobs. BTW this was in 2007, I'm sure the numbers have changed since President Obama took over. There's no mention of welfare in the break down either.

"Wow that censorship component on this site is just getting stupid."

morbious_fod

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I don't understand why this isn't already so perfectly obvious to everyone, and I feel like a dork saying it because it's so completely, totally obvious, but here goes: the government is not getting as much money as it spends. This is.. ..good or bad? ..anyone.. Bueller?? ..it is... B A D ..

Acording to this ap article about 47 percent paid no taxes in 2009. The reality if the situation is that not only did 47 percent, mostly the lesser income levels, but I'd like to see the numbers of those who also received earned income credits on top of not paying any taxes. A guy I work with got all of his taxes back and received the earned income credits on his two kids, he got back $7000 if memory serves to my measly two thousand. I ended up paying two thousand and some dollars to the gubberment. That's our biggest problem, we are giving out welfare in the form of earned income credits, and calling it a refund. The craziest thing of all is the name of these credits, they didn't earn any of this money.

We need to cut spending money that we don't have, pure and simple.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly-half-of-US-households-apf-1105567323.html?x=0&.v=1

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960