At least one state gets it....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
RE: Welfare and drugs

[:)]I like frogs too!! got about eighty five o the little fellers about the house, glass, ceramic, plastic, wood, straw,metal,chalk.........[:D][:D][:D]

SAbottles

Reaction score

Hi, had a "funny" to add about scrounging off welfare, but stuck it in the wrong thread - it's under "We won't stand up ...etc" , Sigh, must have got up too early this morning ![:eek:]

Wangan

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: morbious_fod

It does seem so odd that we put so much in interfering in other people's business only to have to fix what we blow apart.
War is money.In time of war,many things are just O.K.ed and not questioned.That is why ,(just one),company that I heard about got caught selling .25 cent washers to the military for $250 apiece.It is also easy to say you need to spend more than it costs and keep the rest.A sharp pencil works wonders.It used to be this country had morals and the corporate crooks would get the whistle blown on them but now they are all in it together and cover each others back,like Congress.Its all about "whats in it for me",just the reverse of JFK`s "Ask not what your country can do for you"...

Graft and corruption have always been,but not as big as now.

Penn Digger

Reaction score

Back on topic, I read in the news today that Pennsylvania's sweeping welfare reform bill has now passed both the state Senate and House. Just waiting for the Governor to sign. This bill is aimed at cutting $400 million out of PA's $10.5 billion welfare budget by giving the state more powers to fight waste, fraud and abuse. Last I knew it included drug testing those on assistance who had ANY drug history. Hope more states will follow what Florida and PA are trying to do.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS