Atlas Strong Shoulder Mason Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PAPickers

Reaction score
Hello again everyone. Today i'm looking for a little help with the date of this jar. Yes I know, its not a bottle, but I figured somebody would know something. I found this around an old brick yard from the early 1900s that was in operation until 1965. I was digging Pepsi bottles from the 70s and 80s and this one stuck out like a sore thumb. It was buried in the side of a partially dried up creek bed right at the base of the mountain that comes down into this old clay mining town. It had part of the lid and was wrapped in a bit of tin foil, which leads me to believe someone had hid money or possibly something else they didn't want anyone to find in it, but whatever it was, it was gone as the lid and foil had rusted and ripped away. Anyway, I was looking for ways to date the jar, and couldn't find any reliable sources that had the info I was looking for. What i did read told me that the Hazel-Atlas company was in business until around 1964 when most of the factories were sold. It also told me that the Strong shoulder was one of their later designs and that it was completely machine made, which is why it would have such a noticeable crease. However, I also read about the many reproductions and fakes. When I looked at pictures, I saw that most of the ones others have are rounded towards the neck and threads. So my question is, does anyone know if this is real or a fake, and if it is real can you give me an idea of the time?

PAPickers

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of pictures, no matter what i try I can not find a way to get them to upload, they are always Too large

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PAPickers

Sorry for the lack of pictures, no matter what i try I can not find a way to get them to upload, they are always Too large
They would be best posted in the Jar Section... Email them to me and I'll be happy to post them.... Jim epackage@msn.com

PAPickers

Reaction score
Wow, I didnt even notice the jar section, thank you very much. Im still getting used to the site! Ill delete this and repost.

epackage

Reaction score
I'll ask a Mod to move it, you can't delete it... Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.