Attention all diggers!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pupman

Reaction score
Greetings bottle diggers- You may want to check out the Glassworks auction going on right now-CABIN FEVER especially if you like bottles that came out of old privys! My good friend and digging buddy Charlie Clark has compiled an awsome collection of dug items in exceptionally fine condition over his thirty years of collecting. Just google www.glswrk-auction.com and look for the Charlie Clark collection at the end of each listing! I can tell you that you'll see awsome examples of Inks,patent medicines,flasks,pot lids and various other hard to find goodies,take a look!!!!! Kev

appliedlips

Reaction score
There is a couple in that one I am watching for sure.Kevin,it must be great having that kind of experience with you on digs.

idigjars

Reaction score
Thank you for the info and link Kev. There are some great looking items in this auction. You are fortunate to have a friend with so much expertise. I bet you can learn a lot. Best regards and thank you for the post. Paul

appliedlips

Reaction score
You aren't kidding Zane.I seen those suckers in the preview and they are exceptional.Must have been one hell of a collection.Good luck getting the ones you want.

ORIGINAL: zanes_antiques

I've been eyeballing those Wheeling bottles for a couple of weeks now!

pupman

Reaction score
Hi Paul & Doug, Yes, I consider myself very fortunate to dig with Charlie and I tell you,a nicer guy you could never meet! I learned so much from him about privy digging in Brooklyn and he has that special knack for probing or just simply telling you where the pit should be located! And he is usually right! That beautiful Jeromes hair restorer in cobalt blue came from a pit many other people would have given up on.We had totally riddeled the back property line where it should have been located even removing some heavy duty concrete to no avail. Tired,a little let down most of the team was ready to leave and try another house when Charlie said"probe right there!" I stuck the probe in and it slid out of site and we had a good pit to dig. The Jeromes was the last bottle out ,right on the bottom and this is what I mean when I say Charlies bottles are special because of the provenance! I could even suppy the exact address to the winning bidde should he want it!!!! Thanks again guys,Kev

idigjars

Reaction score
That is really cool Kev. That's what makes this hobby so special. The fun of digging a bottle out of the ground that has been in there a hundred plus years and nice folks to share the experience with. Or, even if you can't dig right now, the fun of reading others posts about their experience digging or finding something special. It's all great! This is a really neat site! Best regards! Good luck digging and finding more bottles/items for your collections all! Paul

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85