Attic Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DavidW

Reaction score
East-Tn-Bottle-Guy, you wrote: "Fincastle corn whiskey made by the dant distillery company incorporated. I think it dates to somewhere between 1936-1951. Could one of the numbers on the bottom be a date? It's made by owen illinois but there aren't numbers to the left or right.
ABM'

I'm not sure if anyone has answered that particular question in this thread concerning your labelled Fincastle Corn Whiskey bottle in clear, but the "D-344" is a distiller code ID. The "65" is a liquor bottle permit number for the (Owens-Illinois) Streator, Illinois plant location. The "45" is date code.

The numbers on the bottom of liquor bottles made by Owens-Illinois are usually arranged in a different configuration than they are, on most other kinds of bottles made by that company such as soda and beer bottles. The first number is a "liquor bottle permit number" and the second number is the date code, separated by a dash. Usually, the Diamond and oval trademark is placed over to the right, and is 'tipped on its side".

PS- just realized I addressed this question already, several months ago. Sorry for the repeat!!!!! I don't know how to delete this particular post, so will leave it!

Last edited:

Old man digger

Reaction score
Yeah, whenever I found that one I was stoked. At about the time I found it, I started wheezing and coughing pretty bad. But obviously I don't listen to the obvious signs that tell me I probably should get out out there.
That Dant bottle marked FINCASTLE. Just might be the old J.W. Dant company that I believe either went under or bought out. Very good find, but you better lister to your inner judgement about getting out of dodge when you start to cough and wheeze.

East_Tn_Bottle_Guy

Reaction score
That Dant bottle marked FINCASTLE. Just might be the old J.W. Dant company that I believe either went under or bought out. Very good find, but you better lister to your inner judgement about getting out of dodge when you start to cough and wheeze.
I did some research when I first found it. It was started by J.W. Dant. Although I never found a Fincastle brand of whiskey that the company made.

Old man digger

Reaction score
I did some research when I first found it. It was started by J.W. Dant. Although I never found a Fincastle brand of whiskey that the company made.

Thank you for the jhttps info. I learned something about J.W. Dant today. Always wondered what happened to that brand.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis