Aussie cure bottle unknown ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

claire3798

Reaction score
I found this little beauty some time ago and to date I am still to find out any information about it. It is MASSO REGD COUGH CURE. The base has a rounded triangle shaped M on it, stands 13 cm tall. Has recessed panels 3 sides and is an icey blue colour. Would love to swap it for some Aussie aerated water stuff. Anyone know anything about it ? Cheers, Ian

Qn38300.jpg

Attachments

• Qn38300.jpg
    Qn38300.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 95

claire3798

Reaction score
Hi again everyone. Somebody must have heard about this one. Any information at all ? Cheers Ian

IRISH

Reaction score
I can't say it's one I've seen before, do you have any idea where is Australia it's from ? . Most Aussie bottles with "cure" embossed on them are hard to get.

oz-riley

Reaction score
I found this one a while ago, I have not seen another one so I think they are hard to get.
Mine came from lower new south wales so could be a Sydney bottle, but i don't know for sure.
What Aerated Waters would you swap for this bottle? PM me.

Thank Chris

Ca81401.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81401.jpg
    Ca81401.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 96

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day

I couldn't find any references in my Brisbane Chemists listing (compiled from trade/postal directories) - I think oz-riley may be on the right track with Sydney origins.
Do you have access to Sydney Trade Directories (sometimes available in regional libraries)?

Otherwise, it may be worthwhile to contact the Sydney Bottle Club to see if any members have further details (www.sydneycollectors.org.au).

Like Irish said 'cures' are a rarity on Australian bottles - there's a couple of local (Brisbane/Ipswich) cures embossed with 'cough cure' or 'fever and ague cure', etc.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

claire3798

Reaction score
Wow a purple one. The one I found was dug in Townsville and was kinda hoping it might be one from there. The purple one looks a bit different to mine. Neck looks longer and writing is a bit different. Any old Queensland aerated water stuff would be fine. Cheers, Ian

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75