awesome dump found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
i was doing some scouting along a shallow river near a huge historic old mill and started finding necks and shards in the water absolutely everywhere. the embankment of the river is at a steep angle, and about 100 feet high. upon further inspection, there are BIM shards along the entire sloping hill for about 200 yards, it's overwhelming! I yanked a few bim slicks, a local med, and a bromo caffeine right off the surface. it doesn't look like anyone has really done any digging. there was a runoff pipe feeding downhill, and it had washed away a small section, there were shards, pottery, and jug fragments all over the place. there are old houses along the top, and i think garbage has been thrown here consistently for a long long time. i'm heading there tomorrow with my brother for a morning dig with some tools :) i'll post some pics tomorrow, wish me luck

Plumbata

Reaction score
Sweetness! Sounds like you got yourself another good one Dave, Can't wait to see what you can pull out of there. 200 yards along an embankment is HUGE so even if the shards are all coming out of a 50-100 yard source uphill it is still enormous. If things go well you will probably be busy for a while, I hope there are some thick layers up near the top which haven't been jumbled and diluted with random dirt and stuff down the slope.

Maybe this will be the real holy grail of dumps!

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
Did pretty good today! dug for about 4 hours. I ended up w/ a Kickapoo Indian Oil, and a nice local med, and a few slicks. My brother got a handful of local meds (one from the same town we were digging which was awesome), a small perfume, a Blood Purifier, and a couple pretty slicks. There was some heartbreakers today, one was a yellow Boston blob beer. We found it in a bottle book listed at 150-200 bucks. we only dug two holes into the hillside, there's probably 10 years worth of digging here, cannot wait to get back!!! i'll try to get a few pictures up. we were starting to hit some good age too. i smell pontils in the future.

DIGGINDAVE

Reaction score
2 nice holes started

hillside.jpg

boston yellow blob beer

rarebostonbeer.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads