Awesome Railroad finds!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bohdan

Reaction score

Attachments

• temp.JPG
    temp.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 175

treeguyfred

Reaction score
View attachment 227161

Today I hunted for several hours along an old abandoned railroad line in Kentucky. This particular stretch of railroad was in use from the 1870s, through the 1940s when coal stopped coming out of that particular area. As I was walking along the overgrown mess that is the area now, I was picking up plenty of 1930s Hemingray insulators, but these three were the ones that took the cake.

View attachment 227162

I don't know anything about CD numbers, or how old they are, but they are not from the 1930s! The one on the left is marked Hemingray Pat. May 2nd 1893, with all drip points intact, the aqua Brookfield Beehive (I've always wanted one!) is marked Brookfield / New York, and the other one is marked W. Brookfield / New York.

I was finding a mix of household and telephone line insulators as well, but they were broken.

View attachment 227163

The beer bottle is a West Virginia Brewing Co. bottle from Huntington W.Va, a nearby town. The druggist bottle came from Cincinnati. Weird how that ended up all the way out here! The beer bottle is a BIM, So 1900-1905 era. The druggist is from the 1890s.
Nice finds Screwtop! Thx for sharing with us!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky