Baby Grand Castoria

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jcrlanger

Reaction score
I have the bottle soaking at the moment and will get a picture hopefully tomorrow.

I know everyone has heard of Dr. Fletcher's Castoria, but has anyone else ever seen a Baby Grand Castoria? Bother sides say Baby Grand and the front has Baby Grand (trade mark) Castoria. Neat varition on a classic or a knock off?

thanks
John

botlguy

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jcrlanger

I know everyone has heard of Dr. Fletcher's Castoria, but has anyone else ever seen a Baby Grand Castoria? Bother sides say Baby Grand and the front has Baby Grand (trade mark) Castoria. Neat varition on a classic or a knock off?

thanks
John

Not a clue! ! Never heard of it. Sounds very interesting.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
there were quite a few castoria clones because of its popularity. The company that owned castoria (centaur liniment?) sued at least a few of them.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Fike list one almost identical but "Baby Brand". It states possibly Baby's Own Laboratories, Belmont Mass. Adv 1941-42 Baby's own castoria.

glass man

Reaction score
LOVE TO SEE THE PICTURE! CASTER OIL WAS GIVEN TO KIDS FOR BOUT ANY ILLNESS IN THE TEENS AND 20S. MY DAD,WHO WAS BORN IN 1919 USED TO SAY HE WOULD TRY TO FAKE "NOT BEING SICK" CAUSE HE KNEW HE WOULD GET A DOSE!! HE SAID IT TASTED ALFUL AND GAVE HIM THE RUNS...NOT FUN AT ALL WHEN A PERSON IS SICK AND A POT OR OUTDOOR OUTHOUSE HAS TO BE RAN TO CONSTANTLY!

WONDER HOW MANY KIDS DIED FROM DEHYDRATION FROM THIS? MAN WOULD MAKE YOU LONG FOR THE OLD SOOTHING SYRUPS WITH MORPHINE! JAMIE

jcrlanger

Reaction score
After the soak it's now clear that the label is "Baby Brand" and not "Baby Grand". Thanks for everyone who responded. I will still be getting a picture up shortly for you.

John

jcrlanger

Reaction score
here's a picture I owed. Sorry bout the lateness.

l_b4536772792945018e8d54ef947613f3.jpg

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Castoria did not taste awful. I took many a dose as a child, and it remains in production and use to this day.

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i have an older version of the baby brand castoria in my ebay. its early 1900's ABM. yours is a little newer with the screw top. they are quite uncommon.
http://cgi.ebay.com/old-bottle-BABY-BRAND-CASTORIA-antique-/160550059031?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2561877c17

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman