Backwards J Hostetter's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
Hey all,
Well this last week on e-bay I found this! What a find. I payed less than $30 with shipping for it.
I could not believe it. I saw a few posts about this bottle here but nothing on a value anyone know. It's super crude and so close to being pontiled. Super drippy applied top. No base markings.... I love it!

2010-2011010.jpg

2010-2011011.jpg

2010-2011012.jpg

2010-2011009.jpg

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I know those are the typical "staple" bottles that every collector should own, but I don't own one yet. That one is pretty cool. I don't know how rare they are, but for $30, I'm sure that was a good buy.

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
I read on another post there are around 10 known. The others I did see had base embossing though. I am happy with it as we only had one other Hostetter's in yellow orange and it was way newer. you can see it in the one photo next to the new addition. :)

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
Yep! I shocked Aaron when he came home from work. Once I saw the backwards J I asked the guy if he would sell it on a buy it now... and he agreed. It was pretty cool. Aaron asked why were you looking at hostetter's? I said because you never know when you will find something cool. I really search e-bay pretty throughly. I have picked up some great miss marked glass on there. It arrived yesterday and we were pleasantly surprised. It was way more crude and the chip on the lip looked like it could have been bad in the e-bay photos. But it is only a very small flake on the lip. Yay!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I guess it really pays to scrutinize listings, don't it? Nice job, Jen!!

JENLUVSBOTTLES

Reaction score
Thanks, Yes it does, I have to agree with that. I just have a lot of free time on my hands. I stay at home with the kids right now. After I get done with the house chores I get board and look for bottles and glass on e-bay. Some times I spend a couple hours for nothing but other times I get deals like this so it's worth it. We only have one car right now or I'de be out diggin with the kids. [:D]

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Nice pick up ! I don't know how many are known ........ but it is listed as extremely rare .
I have seen them in both Amber and Green. I saw a Yellow olive example at the National show several years ago ( It had some stain and some scratching ) ....... the seller wanted 350.00 for it.
I would say you got a deal at 30.00 . Good eye , and nice pick up !

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JENLUVSBOTTLES

Hey all,
Well this last week on e-bay I found this! What a find. I payed less than $30 with shipping for it.
I could not believe it. I saw a few posts about this bottle here but nothing on a value anyone know. It's super crude and so close to being pontiled. Super drippy applied top. No base markings.... I love it!

2010-2011010.jpg

2010-2011011.jpg

2010-2011012.jpg

2010-2011009.jpg

You did well. A nice uncommon common![;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member