Ball Error Set

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bobclay

Reaction score
Thought y'all might be interested in seeing a neat set of Ball error jars. This set from left to right is a 2-L, a ghosted 3-L, and a 3-L variation all having the S reversed in MASON.

1errorset.jpg

bobclay

Reaction score
To all,

That is probably the best thing about jar collecting...it doesn't have to be an expensive hobby. I have a friend whose collection has been conservatively valued at over $1MM! He has many of the "best of the best". But it doesn't have to be that way to be enjoyed. For me, and I suspect everyone else, it is the thrill of the hunt that gets your adrenalin going. There is something for everyone in this wonderful hobby.

That's one reason I always admired the "diggers". For them, the price is almost always right. Some exercise, sweat and building muscle and then popping up out of a hole with eyes the size of silver dollars and a grin from ear to ear holding a cobalt blob top, or amber fruit jar, or early historical flask.

So from beginning collectors to seasoned old farts like me, go after your hobby with enthusiasm and joy. Learn all you can, meet all the people you can, and the rush of a new find will always be there for you! :eek:)

Bob Clay

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR