BALTIMORE BOTTLE COLLECTORS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I just decided to check with you people for some information on one of my favorite bottles.

I have a square bottle that I am sure is a very old hand blown medical bottle. It is 4-1/2' tall and the sides are one inch wide. The neck is 3/4†tall and was hand tooled with a squared lip for cork strength. The final blow was delayed so the shoulders are very thin and the bottom corners on one side are thick because of the glass drop and the swing of the parison, when it was put in the final blow mold.
The texture of the glass shows a Cold Mold metal surface. It was a two part mold with the seam going diagonally across the bottom. Three panels are embossed with the following vertical information; “/ FREY'S †“/ VERMITRUCE †and “/ BALTIMORE â€. The hot blown bottle must have been held in a snap case because the lettering in the side panels are depressed in, from the clamping tool.

If anyone has another of these in their collection, I would like to make some comparison. My camera isn't working so I can't show pictures. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen