baltimore glass works flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I have drawn a line through the anchors on each bottle.If you extend those lines on the same plane from each anchor you pass through different letters in the word GLASSWORKS located on the pennant below the anchor on each one.Now look at the gap between the letter B in BALTIMORE and the top of the anchor in each bottle.It is substantially closer to the anchor on the GXIII-53 then on the 54 on both the real bottles and the Mckearin line drawings of each bottle. Morb and Chris again what great looking bottles the both of you have there.The Amber GXIII-54 bottle came from a recent Hecklers sale.It was the only picture of a GXIII-54 I could find.I see you found the same Picture Matt.

C45B2ECD16094D0882B72A8AFCF5DB8E.jpg

Attachments

• C45B2ECD16094D0882B72A8AFCF5DB8E.jpg
    C45B2ECD16094D0882B72A8AFCF5DB8E.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 44

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Guys and gals I appologize about the width size of the pictures affecting the entire post in a lot of my posts.I noticed when I post from my Lap top the pictures,everything is in more proportion.When I create posts from my desk top computer I use a wide screen monitor and it allows you endless realestate to create.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The chart I designed would be good in the GII-72,73 and 74 series EAGLE/ CORNUCOPIA made at the Keene glass works.There are only very subtle diffrerences and to show them in print,would be benneficial for someone contemplating purchasing in this series. A small difference would mean the the flask could be listed as common ,scarce or rare.This could prevent someone from shelling out big bucks thinking they are getting a rare version over a more common one.[:mad:]Or it could help someone armed with the info to take advantage of someone selling a rare version haphazardly.[;)] So Mike Earlyglass or kungfu Jeff I know between the two of you you have either owned or currently own all three of these could you post some of these.I will have a GI-72 B in a few days I can do that one but need help with the others.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Like I said Joey, If you are going to shell out $200.00 for a flask it is better to be pre armed with information about two different bottles with very similar characteristics.If you already own a GXIII-53 and you are trying to collect all of the available Baltimore Flasks and you see a GXIII-54 listed and you dont own one, chances are you are probably going to bid.What if the seller lists it as the 53 you take his word, win the bid, get it home, only to find out you already own the same bottle.You might be be pretty pissed off.It would have been nice to kjnow ahead of time to be able to ask the seller the right questios?So now hopefully anyone who has read this will have gained the knowledge to differentiate between the two.They are two nice flasks. I have already stated it three times prior to this, make it 4 now.

ajohn

Reaction score
Wow Steve, the way you took us through that identification process was great! Thank you for taking the time.I for one feel very privileged for that kind of detail.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4