Barb-Wire Embrocation

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to the group and am seeking any information on a cobalt blue rectangular-based poison/medicine bottle embossed “Barb Wire Embrocation†vertically down the bottle with “L P†and a hatched/star pattern and “Poison†at the base.

I have attached photos, but due to colour of the glass and lack of zoom they have not turned out too well but give you some idea of the shape/size of the bottle (about 3-4 ozs and 4 inches long, 2 inches wide).

The bottle was dug over here, but I have been unable to turn up any information on where it is from, where it was patented, etc.

Thanks,

Dirranbandi

Mk27092.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27092.jpg
    Mk27092.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 96

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Roger

Actually I now live near Brisbane but originally from Dirranbandi - the bottle was dug at a farm house dump near Ipswich. I have asked a few collectors over here but no clues as to company (LP) or place of origin. American made - it has W. T. & Co. USA in 2 arcs on base (Whittall Tatum & Co).

Cheers

Des.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hello Timothy

Thanks for this info - the info on these sites confirm that it is before 1901, most likely 1890's. Is there a way of checking patents in the USA to see if the "Barb Wire Embrocation" trademark was registered there?

Cheers,

Des.

maineahh62

Reaction score
hello Dirranbandi, you are welcome, i am glad that we all have been able to work together and come up with some info for you to go on, i must say that i have learned so much here in my searches, everyone seem's so eager to help and share there knowledge, this site certainly has my full respect as a class act.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day

Just a quick update on the Barb Wire Embrocation - a member of the Australian Antique Bottle Forum found a newspaper advertisement identifying it as a product of the London Pharmacy, Ipswich (Queensland).

10 April, 1922:
LP-10Apr1922.jpg

This is great news for me as it is a local bottle - my original hunch/wishful thinking was that it may have been London Pharmacy Ipswich as a couple (including mine) had been found near Ipswich.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

Lordbud

Reaction score
Wow an almost 6-year bump! Gotta be a record for a follow up! Glad you found the info and that it is local to Oz.

jvharp

Reaction score
just noticed the six year bump! I love this site never know about those friends you never met!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles