Barney and Ally Mountian Dew

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Not yet considering there are no bidders...[;)]

epackage

Reaction score
but this one just sold for $165....[8D]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7oz-MOUNTAIN-DEW-BARNEY-AND-ALLY-KNOXVILLE-TN-BOTTLE-/190567537508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5eb5db64

splante

Reaction score
nice bottle
I could never pay that much for 1 bottle,really serious dew collectors will I guess. Dont want to make epackage's rip list

epackage

Reaction score
[8D]
ORIGINAL: splante

nice bottle
I could never pay that much for 1 bottle,really serious dew collectors will I guess. Dont want to make epackage's rip list
Splante I've paid $700 for a local example, no shame when it's a rarity...[8D][8D]

madman

Reaction score
id say its worh it that would be the clear bottles younger brother?1951

fishnuts

Reaction score
I have noticed at least six available on Ebay over the past as many months. This one has the highest ask price of the ones I've noted. As I recall they generally open bidding from $75 to $175...regardless of condition. Each one sold although one of them took a second listing before it found a new home. Again, as I recall, they sell in the $150+ range when the condition is right. I got one BIN optioned back in the spring and avoided the competetive rush to buy.

Clearly the bottle is not rare in it's green incarnation. But historic, I presume. So IMHO this bottle is in the upper end of the retail range. As one who has also paid hundreds for bottles that I 'must have' (like the unknown Clown Cola from Rector, AR), the price alone wouldn't stop me from making the aquisition. Having the amount available...might. lol

Sidebar: My main display is painted picture labels and I love non collectors to gawk and comment on it. Usually to the tunes of, "I've never heard of most of these brands." And I ask, "You've heard of which?" Then they admit, "Well, none of them." But then they'll light up from taking notice of the Mountain Dew! Even though it doesn't resemble the branding they're accustomed to, at least they recognise it. Need I tell you it's the only national brand in the display?

Anthonicia

Reaction score
I paid $200 for mine, but that included shipping and insurance. Not to mention it is in mint condition and once owned by one of the biggest Mountain Dew collectors out there. At least I try to tell myself I got an okay deal, lol. It is my favorite by far though.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie