Been doing some digging this summer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

photolitherland

Reaction score
Wow, those are some really nice finds. Where I live theres not too many dumps since its a small town. Ive only ever recovered one local Hutchinson, I nearly had a heart attack when I dug it up. I need to move to the east coast for some nice digs. I really like those little druggist bottles you pulled up.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hey Plumb, great to see you back on the Forum!

Glad you have been able to dig some, while balancing out "real life". We all know how that is.

I'm always interested in the stuff dug in the upper Mid West, if that's the right term. There is such a large population in Chicago and Detroit today, but in the 1800s it was so much less, and the scarcity of early bottles from that area reflects that. So when 100+ year old stuff is dug out your way, it can really produce some rarities.
Can you tell me a little more about that wax sealer? value, rarity etc? I've never seen anything like it before, really cool.
That early hutch looks cool, and that druggist is cool. I'm sure you know there is a rare and cool looking TEAL druggist from Peoria ( I collect teal druggists). That dump looks like the perfect place to find one, and I hope you pull a whole one out!
Thanks for the really good digging photos. I have to start bringing may camera on digs and dives again. I'm afraid I'm going to trash my camera, and I need it to make a living on Ebay, so I appreciate you bringing yours.

Good luck diggin, stay cool
Bram

Lordbud

Reaction score
Wow! Two producing dumps all to yourself with age, locals, and plenty of bottles to keep you interested...congrats!

green dragon

Reaction score
Killer digs. wow .

Love the Kool Aid bottle, looks clean .

Around here ACL stuff is never in good shape, soil acids eat the ACL or stain them forever. hard to find real nice ones that have been dug.

Awesome post, thanks. :)

~ AL

KBbottles

Reaction score
WAY 2 GO PLUM!!!

It's been a while since we've seen some digging stories from ya! Hope summer is treating you well. You really stepped in it finding this dump site! How awesome. I love that wax sealer, the local meds, hutches, etc... and yes even the bromos!! Keep at it. I know the feeling of the anticipation of what could be in there... Hey! Perhaps there's an even older layer down there or some late throws as it starts getting deeper. You just never know and I bet you are thinking of the possibilities of what can be there non-stop. I'm gonna bet you'll pull at least one really super piece out of this site, if not more. You already have some great stuff. Also... the one picture that has those tall square embossed meds... are they from Chicago? I think I found one of them recently out here in Jersey.

deacon_frost

Reaction score
hey plummy glad to see your finding some sweet glass, those pics were awesome just like being there in person...that wax sealer is one of the neatest shaped ones ive ever seen and a local marked one to boot makes it even sweeter....most of the potterys in my area didnt mark their wares a few did but they are very hard to find and usually go for big $$$.. tear that place a new one and be careful of the cave in's...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem