Best dig in a long time!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bigghouse

Reaction score
hi tigue those r really really cool bottles. i would give the owner some of the more common bottles becaus u no how owners r. he could be another backstapping owner. i really like the mysterious cure!

if that was under the floor boards then i wonder whats in the privy!! or maybe that was there privy[>:].

anna

tigue710

Reaction score
the Mysterious cure is really cool. It's my girlfriends favorite one out of all of them. I cant figure out if it suppose to say scotch remedy or if scoth remedy is something in its self... There is not really an owner to talk to in this one Anna, just an executive in New York, on the phone!

I'm going to concentrate on finding more similar type dumps for a while, hope there are more in the area!

I_dig_bottles

Reaction score
Way cool story Matt. I am most happy for you. It is not often that you get a callback or a 2nd chance at all on a lot of this stuff. I had a deal like that going on a 1700's brick house, lots of glass on the top of the ground. Without permission I was very carfull checking things out. I called the developer many times with no answer. Then 1 day BOOM the house was gone and huge piles of dirt were everyware I wanted to try some test holes. I am sure there was a lot of nice bottles lost forever at that site! So good for you. Congrats [:)]

bigghouse

Reaction score
i love crawl spaces caus i'm the only one that can fit in but also get stuck[&o]

beendiggin

Reaction score
Excellent haul!!! The last crawlspace I was in produced a pontilled cobalt Harrison style bottle, so they are always worth investigating. I found a good way to move around in a crawl space. I use a "saucer" for sledding and pull myself around by hooking my rake on the joists. It helps you slide along without having to crawl directly on the trash, rocks,glass...etc. Sometimes you can get hung up in a depression, but you can spin around easily and I have to say, you feel protected somewhat. Great finds!!

tigue710

Reaction score
thats a dang good idea! I'd send ya a couple pennies for that thought! Thanks...

I've been b@#$'in all day about my cut up knee's and elbows, I need to save some face for the next one. As far as this one goes I'm going to pull the whole floor and give it a good going over with a little space...

cobaltbot

Reaction score
That's a great story - what a cache or treasure trove. Although rarely found just imagine what lays out there, awaiting discovery. I'm glad it waited for you and that you got it before something else did, like construction. I hate to think how much stuff like this gets destroyed every year. I've done some crawlspace stuff and it aint pretty. I think the winter time would be best, less bugs, spiders,etc. Like anything else if you go alone it's probably best to carry a cell phone.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi matt, what fantastic finds. great story, love the pics. glad it work out for you. i am afriad i have to forgo the crawl space, got a thing about bugs[:eek:]. as long as i am outside i know i can get a way from them. good luck on your trip back to the barn. rhona so many bottles

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen